• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should Wolverine Snikt and claws will be attributed to Jack Kirby?

25 posts in this topic

Seen that mentioned before.

The extra ‘t’ in the sound of Logan’s claws makes all the difference.

Two claws in the Kirby original, also more like X-23 / Laura Kinney. 

Just as much an argument for that. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

20 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And the best part is, that they come in all sizes now! Here's a more energy efficient Wolverine that can be deployed for smaller, shorter killing sprees.

Wolverinejr.jpg

Oh yeah Bub!

I've attributed Wolverine's claws to Leonus, an Inhuman from Incredible Hulk Special #1, Oct. 1968. 
I could swear there might be a snikt-like sound in one of his early Hulk appearances, too.  I could be wrong about that.
leonus.jpg.7a01be78dd6f27fb27dbe9f9c7a62ffd.jpg  wolvie2.jpg.9812ba6c665eaacf04de353ad61719b6.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

On 9/23/2019 at 11:48 AM, Unca Ben said:

I've attributed Wolverine's claws to Leonus, an Inhuman from Incredible Hulk Special #1, Oct. 1968. 
I could swear there might be a snikt-like sound in one of his early Hulk appearances, too.  I could be wrong about that.
leonus.jpg.7a01be78dd6f27fb27dbe9f9c7a62ffd.jpg  

A bit of a Sabretooth prototype there as well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

5 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I didnt know Kirby had claws... that would have made it TOUGH to draw, kudos to him. 

nope he could retract em remember.

9 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

A bit of a Sabretooth prototype there as well.

And these weapons, these bladed wrist gauntlets, though made popular by Ninjas for hundreds of years, literally go back thousands of years to the days of the gladiators, who probably got the idea from some pre-roman civilization, maybe even ancient Kemet, who had a multitude of bladed weaponry for every application and occasion.

Edited by James J Johnson

10 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

leonus.jpg.7a01be78dd6f27fb27dbe9f9c7a62ffd.jpg  

Still not quite the same as they're artificial, whereas it's a pity the creators didn't think of having the Terrigen Mist mutate him to possess natural feline claws as well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Wouldn't that have been the letterer, or even perhaps the writer (at times) responsible for writing the sound effects back then? 

1 minute ago, Mercury Man said:

I'm sorry, in Mr. Miracle it goes 'SNIK!', but Wolverines claws go "SNIKT!"

Yes the Mr Miracle book was just a cameo appearance of snikt-