• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

value inconsistencies

8 posts in this topic

To the OP, how about you think through your question a bit and present some theories as to why you think that might be.

1 minute ago, Open you sissy said:

comic realm  gives a price then go collect gives another price then ebay then cgc . youtube videos contradict values also. It is very frustrating

they probably use different methodologies to get their prices.  Can you research their methodologies and post them here and then we can evaluate and compare them? (I think you can email them directly if their methodologies are not readily available to get more info).  Generally I think they're not using EXACTLY the same data from EXACTLY the same sources.  So its not always apples to apples.

3 minutes ago, Open you sissy said:

comic realm  gives a price then go collect gives another price then ebay then cgc . youtube videos contradict values also. It is very frustrating

I don’t know where different sites get their info but it seems to me that ebay sold prices must be the most updated and accurate because those are the prices people are actually paying. There are weird outlier auctions that may be misleading, especially on books that aren’t sold very often, but if you’re able to see enough sold items you should be able to get a good idea. In my very limited experience ebay is cheaper on average than local and online comic stores.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:06 PM, Open you sissy said:

Comic price guides are going to be different because comics are just folds of paper, different sales, different sellers, different shipping costs, and most importantly, different conditions cause different prices to be paid.

Look at the "price guides" for major items like cars, and you'll see a range of prices associated with cars that are brand new or just a few years old.

kbb_vehicle_price_example.thumb.jpg.f18f946c741e1d3a1c4004c200fddef1.jpg

The most important word in "comic book price guide" is "guide" --- a direction, an indicator, a potential price consideration.

If there were 100 sales, then talk about the average, but there would still be a highest price and a lowest price, and all three (and all 97 others) would be prices that are "true"... without being the same.

Edited by valiantman

On 9/23/2019 at 6:06 PM, Open you sissy said:

I believe Comic Realm is for raw.

GoCollect is for slabbed.

Ebay is for either. (I hope you're looking at actual sales & not asking prices)

CGC gives no values.

Don't EVER believe ANYTHING you hear/see on a youtube video.