• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pencil mark removal CCS
2 2

15 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lamborghinikid said:

To have them remove pencil writing on the back cover ....... Does anyone know if this is included with the “press and clean” service or do I have to submit it for the restoration removal service to have it removed ? Thanks 

Show us your book.

One general note: always be very, very wary of removing pencil marks or other writing from books. Some of it can obviously be removed...price notations on the back cover, for instance...but some of it, like arrival dates, or other codes, should not be removed, as they may provide important forensic clues to the history of the book.

This is just one example. We have probably 200 books to send in. Some have pencil on the back like this and we’re just wondering if the normal clean and press will remove this, You just don’t want to submit that many books without knowing everything they will do under a service. The term “clean” has its limitations and I’m just wondering if pencil removal is part of that. If it’s something that would need to be done under a different service , we want to make sure all of those books go into that tier the first time. Thanks to everyone. 

On 10/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, Lamborghinikid said:

This is just one example. We have probably 200 books to send in. Some have pencil on the back like this and we’re just wondering if the normal clean and press will remove this, You just don’t want to submit that many books without knowing everything they will do under a service. The term “clean” has its limitations and I’m just wondering if pencil removal is part of that. If it’s something that would need to be done under a different service , we want to make sure all of those books go into that tier the first time. Thanks to everyone. 

I think a regular clean and press will never try and remove a hand written date. You should really contact CGC/CCP to discuss the situation.   

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I think a regular clean and press will never try and remove a hand written date. You should really contact CGC/CCP to discuss the situation.   

I agree, with this many books there is really too much money at stake to risk it. I will call them and make sure , Thanks