• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unverified sigs, would you?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Heading to NYCC and I managed to snag a preorder of the artifact book by John Byrne that supposedly gives me access to having five other items signed (non cgc ><). Im a huge x-men fan and i have a ton of candidates. 

The questions is, which copies do I sacrifice to the unverified gods. Do I opt for more mid grade books I own or go for my best stuff (which honestly is still likely 9.0-9.2 at best). 

I could also get him to sign on first page, not as cool but doesn't keep me from being able to sig series or grade later, but of course then the sig can never be seen sadly. 

Thoughts?

Near mint but not ultra high grade stuff

keys if possible

I ordered it as well.  I’m leaning towards having one book signed by Claremont (witnessed) and Byrne (unwitnessed) and submitting for the yellow label with green banner.  The other books that Byrne signs I’ll either keep in my collection unslabbed, or submit to CBCS for their red signature verified label.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:16 AM, ggovel said:

I ordered it as well.  I’m leaning towards having one book signed by Claremont (witnessed) and Byrne (unwitnessed) and submitting for the yellow label with green banner.  The other books that Byrne signs I’ll either keep in my collection unslabbed, or submit to CBCS for their red signature verified label.

This is what I did with mine.. yellow label for claremont with the green banner for byrne. 

I read your blog / plan and mine is very similar. I have five books and two of them i plan to get signed then drop off for Claremont and sig series. I window boarded everything for time and convenience, I hope he is ok with this!