• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC SIGNINGS
1 1

17 posts in this topic

• Administrator

No on-site grading at NYCC, but you can review the events we're offering on-site grading at here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

CGC Private Signings at NYCC

Jim Lee - drop-off by 4:00PM Friday - signing fee disclosed at CGC booth

Robert Kirkman - drop-off by 6:30PM Friday - signing fee $30

Frank Miller - drop-off by 6:30PM Saturday - signing fee $100

J. Scott Campbell - drop-off by 12:00PM Sunday - signing fee $30

Chris Claremont - drop-off by 12:00PM Sunday - signing fee $20

Fabian Nicieza - drop-off by 12:00PM Sunday - signing fee $20

Piggy-backing on this thread, if I have a Blue-label 9.8, what's the process for dropping it off for a Claremont sig at the private signing you're offering? I ask because in the instructions that were e-mailed out it says that books for sigs must be in a window bag. Since I'll be having CGC crack the blue label for the sig I can't have it in a bag. Please let me know what I need to do, and what fees are involved to get this book SS'd.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by JayLy

15 hours ago, JayLy said:

Piggy-backing on this thread, if I have a Blue-label 9.8, what's the process for dropping it off for a Claremont sig at the private signing you're offering? I ask because in the instructions that were e-mailed out it says that books for sigs must be in a window bag. Since I'll be having CGC crack the blue label for the sig I can't have it in a bag. Please let me know what I need to do, and what fees are involved to get this book SS'd.

Thanks in advance!

JohnnySnyder can correct me if I'm mistaken or I missed anything, but you should bring a window bag for every book you are submitting for the Claremont Signature(s) even if the book is already slabbed.  Once CGC cracks it, they will need the bag.  Make sure to have your name and CGC account number on the backing board. 

• Administrator

To submit books or collectibles for a Private Signing at NYCC, follow the instructions below: 

• Books MUST be in window bags with boards.
  • Your NAME and ACCOUNT NUMBER must be written on the back of the boards.
  • You must have cash for artist fees.
  • Go to CGC booth #2522 for paperwork.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:25 PM, Robert Pocasangre said:

Will you guys be offering any onsite grading at NYCC? And is there a list available for the private signings that will be offered by CGC for the event. Seeing as we're a little bit over a week away I still have not been able to find the info. Much appreciated. 

I know it's not on site, but there should be several facilitators there.. off the top of my head Rich Henn..

59 minutes ago, JonnySnyder said:

To submit books or collectibles for a Private Signing at NYCC, follow the instructions below: 

• Books MUST be in window bags with boards.
  • Your NAME and ACCOUNT NUMBER must be written on the back of the boards.
  • You must have cash for artist fees.
  • Go to CGC booth #2522 for paperwork.

Okay, that sounds as if I'm doing my own cracking, am I reading that right?

19 minutes ago, JayLy said:

for blues, generally you crack your own.  Although you can do it ahead of time in  a safe controlled environment at home and take your time, and carry less weight and size into the convention with you.  So there's that. 

15 minutes ago, revat said:

for blues, generally you crack your own.  Although you can do it ahead of time in  a safe controlled environment at home and take your time, and carry less weight and size into the convention with you.  So there's that. 

Thanks for the answer. I'm a virgin cracker, so hopefully my first time will be good (all puns intended).

Edited by JayLy

39 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:15 PM, JayLy said:

They will crack it for you.. or at least they did mine at C2E2

You had CGC employees crack your blue slabs for you?

I haven't seen that before.  I've seen some CGC SS FACILITATORS do that on occasion, but that's not quite the same thing.

Just now, revat said:

I haven't seen that before.  I've seen some CGC SS FACILITATORS do that on occasion, but that's not quite the same thing.

Yes - to add claremont private signing and for Liefeld at C2E2- I had to fly out there so I figured they were safer in the CGC cases in transit. They did it for the ones they were keeping for the private signing as well as the ones I had to stand in line for. 

41 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:
43 minutes ago, revat said:

Yes - to add claremont private signing and for Liefeld at C2E2- I had to fly out there so I figured they were safer in the CGC cases in transit. They did it for the ones they were keeping for the private signing as well as the ones I had to stand in line for. 

oh that's awesome, i'll keep that in mind for the future.

Hey, 

A friend submitted for me 4 books for privte signing and gradeing. But i got a confirmation email with the wrong number and the wrong book scan. What can i do with it?

I got the invocies sent to me by my friend and those are not the same numbers

Screenshot_20191006-094742_Gmail.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:49 PM, Amit Shapira said:

Hey, 

A friend submitted for me 4 books for privte signing and gradeing. But i got a confirmation email with the wrong number and the wrong book scan. What can i do with it?

I got the invocies sent to me by my friend and those are not the same numbers

Screenshot_20191006-094742_Gmail.jpg

you should call or email CGC customer service.