• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning: More Corrupt, Fraudulent, and Criminal Behavior by eBay
1 1

257 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

That's assuming he paid via credit card. While he probably did, it may not have been the case. Doing so would also eliminate one of the two forms of protection he enjoys in this scenario, that being the ability to complain to Paypal, and then if he's unhappy with the outcome, to appeal to the card provider to have them investigate. And beyond THAT he'd also be cutting his 'warranty time' in half, and maybe even more, as PayPal allows for claims to be filed for up to 6 months, while credit cards usually max out at 90 days. 

So yeah, there's quite a few reasons why it would not be in his best interests to do as you requested, and that's not even accounting for the general inconvenience of doing a credit card disputed transaction versus a PayPal dispute. A PayPal dispute is generally over with in days to a week, while a CC dispute can take up to 6-8 weeks, and can involve copious amounts of manual paperwork and trips to the bank. That's an inconvenience that many just don't have time for. 

All of that may be true...but the issue was that writing in another address *might* eliminate the protection from eBay. As this case shows, that's not necessarily true. The buyer is going to get his refund, no matter what I say or do, because eBay has decided that will be the outcome. "Shows as delivered? Doesn't matter where! Automatic refund!" The buyer could have written any address he wanted...even potentially someone he knew in the area. Likely? Not at all. Possible...? Yeah, it is. The end result is the same: eBay says it's delivered, it's delivered, refund forced, nothing I can say or do will stop that.

And, as you state here, it would only be one of many levels of protection that a buyer has...not all of them. And any time limits apply to every situation, not just this one. "Inconvenient" isn't the same as no protection at all. I'm intimately aware of the issues that buyers face...and I have *always*, for 21 years, tried to work with sellers first. It's not unreasonable to hope that others do the same. "Hope", not "expect."

In any event, the entire issue is moot because the buyer refused, and sent the book back to the address on the label I sent. 

35 minutes ago, kav said:

One thing I know for sure-if you become argumentative with customer service they will do anything in their power to foil you.  Never ever argue with customer service merely stay calm and ask questions.  I have a 100% success rate with customer service issues in a wide variety of situations.  When my brother was trying to get estate thru probate security company would not remove my mom from the contract.  My brother hired an attorney and sent death certificate multiple times-no good.  I said let me handle this.  5 minutes on the phone and everything was resolved.  DO NOT ARGUE WITH PEOPLE YOU NEED HELP FROM.

Sounds like your brother got the situation 98% of the way done, while you did the last 2%, but are claiming credit for 100%.

But no, arguing with customer service people is a complete waste of time, unless you're trying to get them fired.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Sounds like your brother got the situation 98% of the way done, while you did the last 2%, but are claiming credit for 100%.

But no, arguing with customer service people is a complete waste of time, unless you're trying to get them fired.

How did he get it 98% done?  They absolutely refused to cancel the contract.  He sent the death cert 5 times.  Lawyer sent a demand.  Nothing.

Edited by kav

3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No. That is not only not correct, neither has anything to do with the problem.

My response to the buyer's return claim: "...take a few more pictures of the original shipping box all the way around, and send the remains back to me, and I'll get you a full refund."

And it's not a "wrong PO box" if forwarding is still in effect.

You have the wrong PO number on your return label. But everything will be OK because USPS, who ran over your box with a tank, will properly forward the mail. Got it.

52 minutes ago, kav said:

One thing I know for sure-if you become argumentative with customer service they will do anything in their power to foil you.  Never ever argue with customer service merely stay calm and ask questions.  I have a 100% success rate with customer service issues in a wide variety of situations.  When my brother was trying to get estate thru probate security company would not remove my mom from the contract.  My brother hired an attorney and sent death certificate multiple times-no good.  I said let me handle this.  5 minutes on the phone and everything was resolved.  DO NOT ARGUE WITH PEOPLE YOU NEED HELP FROM.

I cursed out the IRS one time...after almost 2 years of attempting to find a resolution. I'd just had it with the red tape and waiting on the phone for HOURS. I blew a gasket. Completely lost it. F-bombs everywhere. 

I'm still waiting for the audit.

*laughing*

*not laughing* 

Just now, icefires said:

You have the wrong PO number on your return label. But everything will be OK because USPS, who ran over your box with a tank, will properly forward the mail. Got it.

I don't have the wrong PO number on my return label. I have an old PO number on my return label, for which forwarding is in place and will be in effect for a year. That means anything delivered there will automatically be forwarded to me.

I don't own a package delivery service. I cannot hand deliver all my packages personally. I must trust SOMEONE to get the packages to and from me. I have shipped thousands of packages with the USPS. 99%+ of them have had no problems. ONE problem doesn't mean the entire system collapses.

But it's nice to see you drop the "didn't ask for box back" claim. 

1 minute ago, newshane said:

I cursed out the IRS one time...after almost 2 years of attempting to find a resolution. I'd just had it with the red tape and waiting on the phone for HOURS. I blew a gasket. Completely lost it. F-bombs everywhere. 

I'm still waiting for the audit.

*laughing*

*not laughing* 

Sometimes, anger gets results. Not often, and ought to be used sparingly...but in the right context, it can be quite potent.

PS. A local IRS agent has been dispatched to your home.

35 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

My guess is the buyer sent back nothing, and is going to send the cracked slab to CGC to be reholdered

So... the buyer had this evil plan to purchase a slab. Beat it to heck with a sledgehammer. Take a bunch of photos. Then send a, what, empty box? to Looney Tunes? I think you've been watching one too many Oliver Stone movies.

Wow. That sucks SO bad!

Questions:

When a buyer initiates a return through feebay, isn't a return label generated using the exact same addresses that are on file with feebay for the seller?

Did the seller just basically handwrite (or click-n-ship) a label and send it to a random address, a mistaken address, his best friend, his workplace, his mom, etc?

Last time I had a return through feebay, the return could not be processed because my zip-code had changed and I had only updated my seller-account address and not my return-address (I didn't know they were different). Feebay blocked the seller from returning it until I got my address fixed.

And last question.... why didn't the buyer file a damage-package claim with USPS? Is it the seller's responsibility to file the claim?

3 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

So... the buyer had this evil plan to purchase a slab. Beat it to heck with a sledgehammer. Take a bunch of photos. Then send a, what, empty box? to Looney Tunes? I think you've been watching one too many Oliver Stone movies.

Back and to the left.

Back.

And to the left.

18 minutes ago, kav said:

How did he get it 98% done?  They absolutely refused to cancel the contract.  He sent the death cert 5 times.  Lawyer sent a demand.  Nothing.

Sounds like he did all the legwork, setting the foundation, while you put on the finishing touches, and are claiming credit for the whole building. 

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Sounds like he did all the legwork, setting the foundation, while you put on the finishing touches, and are claiming credit for the whole building. 

Ok well he can have the credit I dont really want that I was just making a point about how to talk to customer service to get them to do what you want, which I seem to be a master at.

Rule one is never argue.  two is never get mad.

59 minutes ago, kav said:

18 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ehhh... sometimes being a total psychopath gets you places. 

Let's just say it depends on how far you are willing to go. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Not over the phone tho

6 minutes ago, kav said:

Ok well he can have the credit I dont really want that I was just making a point about how to talk to customer service to get them to do what you want, which I seem to be a master at.

Rule one is never argue.  two is never get mad.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
27 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Indeed.