• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning: More Corrupt, Fraudulent, and Criminal Behavior by eBay
1 1

257 posts in this topic

Here is what I will say to people tossing blame and taking a position.  Ask yourself if your position is influenced by the person who is having the problem. 

If it were a certain someone, who is universally beloved on these boards, then would people still point a finger at her and say, "Own it." If so, then so be it and accuse RMA all day until next Sunday.  

So remove who it is in the issue and see the issue for what it is and not who is involved in it. 

48 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

So... the buyer had this evil plan to purchase a slab. Beat it to heck with a sledgehammer. Take a bunch of photos. Then send a, what, empty box? to Looney Tunes? I think you've been watching one too many Oliver Stone movies.

true the preferred target is an Ipad, Iphone, or some other electronic equipment. But it's happened with all sorts of collectible items. Get it, claim damage, send an empty package back to a different address and ebay has it marked as delivered. case closed.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Here is what I will say to people tossing blame and taking a position.  Ask yourself if your position is influenced by the person who is having the problem. 

If it were a certain someone, who is universally beloved on these boards, then would people still point a finger at her and say, "Own it." If so, then so be it and accuse RMA all day until next Sunday.  

So remove who it is in the issue and see the issue for what it is and not who is involved in it. 

I just made my comments because I know RMA can be rather argumentative and was giving advice based on that.

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

WTTB

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Doesn't bother me; there's nothing to blame me for. The issue is eBay forcing a refund because a return shows "delivered", despite not being delivered to ME. 

Everything else is just window dressing for the gawkers...to be expected. The only mistake I made was in not fixing the old "returns" (as opposed to "return") address, which isn't relevant outside of the potential that the current address might have avoided a misdelivery...but that doesn't absolve the USPS for misdelivering it at all.

Plus, there's ALWAYS the chance that I missed some crucial element, so I actually appreciate the scrutiny to tear apart the situation to see if I'm at fault in any way. We all have blind spots.

53 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

I'm now more afraid of kav as he keeps posting that creepy image. I never really felt the need to double check all the locks and doors until about 15 minutes ago.

Don't worry WPPJames, here's what kav looks like in real life...

1882242445_ALICECOOPERPOSTER2.jpg.0d93817528015424296d9c8462b96e7d.jpg

Oh, wait, that was 47 years ago, here's what he looks like today...

1257314076_alicecoopertoday.jpg.c27c24685f317149a61743a6c689d14f.jpg

15 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Again, putting yourself in the buyer's shoes... why should he give you a benefit of the doubt?  Does he owe you something?  Does he know you personally?  What guarantee is he provided by giving up his guarantee to a refund through eBay?

According to eBay, the PO Box you asked him to write in was a different address.  According to eBay, the correct address is the address that is printed via their own return label.  You may not like that, but that's the reality of the situation.

As a buyer wanting a return, without knowing anything about the seller, would you honestly risk your refund for a seller that has already failed to properly deliver the package that was originally purchased?  As @Mecha_Fantastic stated, what would you do if the buyer originally asked you to write in a new address as his shipping address?  Are you willing to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt and void all of your already limited seller protections because they told you it needed to be shipped somewhere else?

Personally I rarely contact the seller unless it's someone I've dealt with regularly as I've gotten tired of sellers who either berate me, lecture me, flat out refuse to take the return or all of the above.

I also would feel really odd if the seller asked me to write in a different address than the one on the return label. I know the OP is above board when it comes to selling, so I wouldn't worry about him, but if it was someone I didn't know it would smell really fishy to me 2c

Edited by Logan510

8 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

$650 for a RAI 0 

That is criminal

:kidaround:

For all the arguing about signatures not adding value, that it's more about the condition of the book, it appears those signatures added $400+ to the final price 2c

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

For all the arguing about signatures not adding value, that it's more about the condition of the book, it appears those signatures added $400+ to the final price 2c

Bingo.  I always thought that argument was more about trying to get sigs cheaper.  "Your sig aint gunna add much so how about-"

2c

1 minute ago, kav said:

Bingo.  I always thought that argument was more about trying to get sigs cheaper.  "Your sig aint gunna add much so how about-"

2c

To be fair, the condition does matter of course. A 9.8 will almost always sell better than a 9.6 and that includes the same with signatures. But I've seen 9.8's with the right signatures go for stoopid money as opposed to the blue label version of same.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

To be fair, the condition does matter of course. A 9.8 will almost always sell better than a 9.6 and that includes the same with signatures. But I've seen 9.8's with the right signatures go for stoopid money as opposed to the blue label version of same.

Just imagine what a 9.9 would go for-I can see why people want em so bad.

2 hours ago, WPPJames said:

So... the buyer had this evil plan to purchase a slab. Beat it to heck with a sledgehammer. Take a bunch of photos. Then send a, what, empty box? to Looney Tunes? I think you've been watching one too many Oliver Stone movies.

I guess RMA could make a call to CGC to be on the lookout for the book. 

3 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

I feel bad for RMA, he shouldn't be getting screwed out of $650 because of the ClusterF that is the USPS. I mean they royally screwed up here... TWICE. But I'm not seeing the scam from the buyer angle. I'm assuming you mean he sent an empty box intentionally to Warner Brothers knowing that it wouldn't get to RMA and eBay would consider it "delivered" so they would force the refund. I suppose that could work, assuming RMA isn't able to get WB to give him his package back. But that case is obliterated. The sig series is invalidated so they can't just get it reholdered as a sig series again. Not to mention that there is a very real possibility that the book itself is damaged given how badly the case is damaged. The buyer would be going through a whole lot of trouble to get a blue label 9.8 (maybe) worth a couple hundred out of this.

I'm not entirely sure even if they had to regrade that the sigs would be invalidated? Cgc would have to determine that the book is accessible in the slab for regrade. They probably would rather avoid having to regrade it. Looks like the heavy damage is limited to the bottom left side. The label doesn't look like it could have been tampered with. The book "looks" like it didn't suffer damage. 

Its possible to damage the slab just enough to where the book is not accessible only requiring a reholder.