• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning: More Corrupt, Fraudulent, and Criminal Behavior by eBay
1 1

257 posts in this topic

I suspect that in some cases certain signatures will bring the same value to a book regardless of the grade of a book depending on the scarcity and desirability of the signature as well as the health status of the signee. 

One thing I would like to see @gpanalysis do is make the history book viewable when you click the CGC number rather than link it to when the book was actually processed by CGC.   I would like to click the book and then see the number of times that specific book traded hands along with the sales data for each time it traded. 

I wish there was something like GPA for signatures but that would not be feasible due to values of books, sketch vs signature and other factors taken into consideration.  A Stan Lee signed AF15 in 5.5 is definitely going to trade for significantly more than a Stan Lee signed Amazing Spiderman 100 in a 9.8.   

The top thing is possible though, (I think) where you click on the ID number of a book to see it's individual sales data.

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I suspect that in some cases certain signatures will bring the same value to a book regardless of the grade of a book depending on the scarcity and desirability of the signature as well as the health status of the signee. 

One thing I would like to see @gpanalysis do is make the history book viewable when you click the CGC number rather than link it to when the book was actually processed by CGC.   I would like to click the book and then see the number of times that specific book traded hands along with the sales data for each time it traded. 

I wish there was something like GPA for signatures but that would not be feasible due to values of books, sketch vs signature and other factors taken into consideration.  A Stan Lee signed AF15 in 5.5 is definitely going to trade for significantly more than a Stan Lee signed Amazing Spiderman 100 in a 9.8.   

The top thing is possible though, (I think) where you click on the ID number of a book to see it's individual sales data.

They should put you on a committee-

17 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

However, from a buyer perspective, their refusal to "write-in" your new PO Box is simply the buyer protecting their own interests, as any modification can technically void their ability to receive their refund.

Again, how was it possible that feebay allowed a return-shipping label to be used that had a return-address that is different from the one on file with for this seller???

If a buyer initiates a return through feebay, isn't the return address generated using the exact same addresses that are on file with feebay for the seller?

Am I missing something here?

3 hours ago, jcjames said:

Again, how was it possible that feebay allowed a return-shipping label to be used that had a return-address that is different from the one on file with for this seller???

If a buyer initiates a return through feebay, isn't the return address generated using the exact same addresses that are on file with feebay for the seller?

Am I missing something here?

The OP stated that he had moved earlier this year and had an old address on file with eBay.  It was this old address that was used as the return address.

Given that the OP also stated that he had a forwarding address order that was valid for one year and expired in January, I'm going to make an assumption here that he had his old, incorrect address on file with eBay for around 9 months before this incident occurred.

21 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

The OP stated that he had moved earlier this year and had an old address on file with eBay.  It was this old address that was used as the return address.

Given that the OP also stated that he had a forwarding address order that was valid for one year and expired in January, I'm going to make an assumption here that he had his old, incorrect address on file with eBay for around 9 months before this incident occurred.

Yes, and I had the exact same thing happen to me as a seller.

Feebay wouldn't allow the buyer to return the item to me because my seller-address on file had a different zipcode than my return-address on file. I had to go in and update my return-address in order for the buyer to print a return shipping label through feebay.

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

I had to go in and update my return-address in order for the buyer to print a return shipping label through feebay.

The OP also stated that he had issued the return shipping label before realizing that it was issued to the old address.  At that point it was too late to issue a different label with his correct address.

5 hours ago, WPPJames said:

I may have missed this, but what is the buyers status on Ebay? Rating. Number of purchases. Etc.

I don't believe sellers can leave negative feedback on buyers.  Years ago that was the case.  So if a person only buys and does not sell, they would only receive positive feedback if they receive feedback after a transaction.  

Not sure if fraudulent, corrupt, or criminal are the right words. Corrupt is subjective, so maybe. It is b.s. though .. "Same city, good enough".... I assume where it was delivered was not your old address? This is a definite clusterphuck. Does the lack of a box, if you track this down, with the pics kill your claim? It seems nuts that USPS requires a seller to force the buyer to ship back the box (will the box and slab fit in a USPS box?) For the seller to collect on insurance they paid for. otoh, were I a buyer who shipped back a return using the label given I would not accept being out $650 just because USPS f-ed up again. Clusterphuck all around. I put a cardboard sammich around slabs and then bubble wrap. Dunno if that would have helped here.

16 hours ago, Logan510 said:

For all the arguing about signatures not adding value, that it's more about the condition of the book, it appears those signatures added $400+ to the final price 2c

This is what makes comic collecting superior to all other fields... the bargains that can be had are astounding!  Sure... judging by auction results, that $400 could have gotten you a signed Theodore Roosevelt letter, a land grant autographed by John Quincy Adams, a hand-written note from H.G. Wells, a document signed by Aaron Burr, not 1 but 3 letters signed by Alexander Dumas, or a one-page document autographed by King Henry IV of France in 1610... all well and good.  But when that money can get you a modern comic signed by Lapham & Shooter... now that's what is called savvy investing!  :wink:

56 minutes ago, Bookery said:

This is what makes comic collecting superior to all other fields... the bargains that can be had are astounding!  Sure... judging by auction results, that $400 could have gotten you a signed Theodore Roosevelt letter, a land grant autographed by John Quincy Adams, a hand-written note from H.G. Wells, a document signed by Aaron Burr, not 1 but 3 letters signed by Alexander Dumas, or a one-page document autographed by King Henry IV of France in 1610... all well and good.  But when that money can get you a modern comic signed by Lapham & Shooter... now that's what is called savvy investing!  :wink:

And who would be guaranteeing those signatures? 

1 hour ago, Bookery said:
17 hours ago, Logan510 said:

For all the arguing about signatures not adding value, that it's more about the condition of the book, it appears those signatures added $400+ to the final price 2c

I didn't realize Vin Diesel would be playing John Quincy Adams in theaters in February 2020. hm

5 hours ago, telerites said:

I don't believe sellers can leave negative feedback on buyers.  Years ago that was the case.  So if a person only buys and does not sell, they would only receive positive feedback if they receive feedback after a transaction.  

No

They can

Like if there is a delay in paying ect

Screenshot_20190925-113259_eBay.jpg

17 hours ago, LordRahl said:

I'm assuming you mean he sent an empty box intentionally to Warner Brothers knowing that it wouldn't get to RMA and eBay would consider it "delivered" so they would force the refund.

It wouldn't have to be an empty box, it could have been a shipment for a non-related transaction, which the buyer conveniently used as the tracking info to complete his part of the refund process. There is no audit mechanism within PayPal or eBay to check if that tracking informations ultimate destination corresponds with the sellers address, and as long as it shows a signature and "delivered", eBay's evidence based tracking framework recognizes it as the buyer fulfilling their obligation to receive a refund. Like I said earlier, it is one of those things that people have been exploiting for quite some time, not necessarily only to circumvent the refund process either.

Edited by comicwiz

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
5 hours ago, telerites said:

No

They can

Screenshot_20190925-113259_eBay.jpg

I think it's pretty common knowledge at this point, but to be clear and to provide accurate information...

Buyers CANNOT receive negative feedback.  If a buyer doesn't pay, the seller can file a non-paying bidder strike against them, but only eBay sees those.  Supposedly, after three strikes in a year, the buyer is kicked off the platform.  However, since there is no transparency, and since the buyers can easily appeal any strike, I don't think many people ever get reprimanded.

With all that said, buyers can pretty much do whatever they want without any consequences.

30 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

No

They can

22 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

I think it's pretty common knowledge at this point, but to be clear and to provide accurate information...

Buyers CANNOT receive negative feedback.  If a buyer doesn't pay, the seller can file a non-paying bidder strike against them, but only eBay sees those.  Supposedly, after three strikes in a year, the buyer is kicked off the platform.  However, since there is no transparency, and since the buyers can easily appeal any strike, I don't think many people ever get reprimanded.

With all that said, buyers can pretty much do whatever they want without any consequences.

Yeah, I didn't think a buyer could receive negative.  Do you remember how long ago Ebay changed that.  It seems like it has been quite a while.