• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning: More Corrupt, Fraudulent, and Criminal Behavior by eBay
1 1

257 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I've had good experiences with all the comic idols I've met except one and I would chalk that up to just one of those things. It wasn't a negative experience per se, it didn't affect my enjoyment of his work and it didn't cause me to run around talking bad about him.

I've said it before, but I like saying it, so I'll say it again: Chris Claremont, you're an arsehole. 

6 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I've had good experiences with all the comic idols I've met except one and I would chalk that up to just one of those things. It wasn't a negative experience per se, it didn't affect my enjoyment of his work and it didn't cause me to run around talking bad about him.

...... i don't have the cause to run around and talk bad about creators either :baiting:

i said he sounded like a carney, which i thought was hilarious!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I've said it before, but I like saying it, so I'll say it again: Chris Claremont, you're an arsehole. 

What the...?!?! How did you know it was Claremont?

4 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

He wasn't very pleasant to a young myself or others back in '89 when in town for a store opening :frown: I was a kid and already intimidated.

6 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

What the...?!?! How did you know it was Claremont?

Very telling when someone says "I know this guy who is an a hole" and another person says "You mean Bob?" and it's Bob.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

Very telling when someone says "I know this guy who is an a hole" and another person says "You mean Bob?" and it's Bob.

I wouldn't call him an a hole, but as a 13 year old who was told " I'll be back in 30 minutes to sign an autograph for you" and to be completely blown off it was a little disappointing.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I wouldn't call him an a hole, but as a 13 year old who was told " I'll be back in 30 minutes to sign an autograph for you" and to be completely blown off it was a little disappointing.

Even worse to do that to a kid.  Maybe some day you will see him in medical distress and say "I'll go get help-"

29 minutes ago, Silver Ager said:

Ebay is really lucky another big-name, general-merch auction competitor hasn't come along to smash them with lower fees and better service

A long, long time ago I told my wife (girlfriend at the time) to not invest in Ebay stock for pretty much the same reason. She still occasionally brings that up and obviously no longer listens to any type of financial advice I have to offer.

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

A long, long time ago I told my wife (girlfriend at the time) to not invest in Ebay stock for pretty much the same reason. She still occasionally brings that up and obviously no longer listens to any type of financial advice I have to offer.

Just throw her 300 pairs of shoes back in her face!!

1 minute ago, kav said:

Just throw her 300 pairs of shoes back in her face!!

She only has 80 pairs. And she got them all "on sale". "Look at these $80 pair of shoes I just bought!". "How much did you pay for them?". "$12". "Then aren't they $12 pairs of shoes?". "NO!!! The sticker said regular price was $80!".

5 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

She only has 80 pairs. And she got them all "on sale". "Look at these $80 pair of shoes I just bought!". "How much did you pay for them?". "$12". "Then aren't they $12 pairs of shoes?". "NO!!! The sticker said regular price was $80!".

Just tell her m'am you fell for the oldest scam in the book-repeatedly.  That should straighten her out. 

Just now, WPPJames said:

You tell her that. I'll pay for your flight here and then for your funeral afterwards.

Nevermind and does she need $12 for some more shoes cause I'll paypal it-

7 hours ago, Bookery said:

And just to clarify (for my post at least), I'm just teasing.  I sell sig series books myself in the shop.  In fact, that same book would sell far more quickly for me than any Aaron Burr (or Henry IV) signature, despite my own value preferences.  Of course it's silly to mix and match different fields of interest for comparison, hence the just-having-fun point.  But... fun aside, your thread is a serious one, and not meaning to derail it... here's hoping you can ultimately get your book back undamaged... we all fear similar situations whenever we mail off an expensive item.

A 9.8 sells for $130-50. The sigs seemed to add around $300. This wasn't the rarer version, right?

1 hour ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

He was very pleasant when he signed books for free for me at a show.