• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning: More Corrupt, Fraudulent, and Criminal Behavior by eBay
1 1

257 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Too bad you weren’t a member here when he was....

dang.   I would have had so many questions for that guy.

1 minute ago, kav said:

jaw-dropping.gif 

lol I guess that's what I get for being the last person to bring it up. I don't "know him that closely", he seemed fun and interesting when I met him in person. I have nothing but good to say about him :foryou: He does have a clever sense of humor with attendee's

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I guess that's what I get for being the last person to bring it up. I don't "know him that closely", he seemed fun and interesting when I met him in person. I have nothing but good to say about him :foryou: He does have a clever sense of humor with attendee's

I've found that he's very agreeable if you're giving him money. Otherwise, he seems a bit cranky. I'm glad to have met him, gotten a signature and spoken to him once, but now I avoid his booth entirely, mostly so I don't have to listen to his booth handlers shout at people.

8 minutes ago, kav said:
10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

why did he leave? :shy: 

people scoffed when he said the Earth is shrinking.

Growing, not shrinking.  Neal would be appalled to know that his theory is being described as the exact opposite. :whatthe:

http://nealadams.com/science-videos/

7 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

@kav

Can you use your search skills to find his posts?

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/16394-comic-zone-on-now-with-neal-adams/page/23/?tab=comments#comment-306475

scroll back and forth from there

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

I've found that he's very agreeable if you're giving him money. Otherwise, he seems a bit cranky. I'm glad to have met him, gotten a signature and spoken to him once, but now I avoid his booth entirely, mostly so I don't have to listen to his booth handlers shout at people.

He was very nice to my brother, who usually go's to see celebs and cosplayers, so we usually go our separate ways at the con and meet up several times to talk about "finds" throughout each day.

Back to Neal, my brother seemed enamored with his sketch print of the walking dead. Sure I ended up buying it, but he treated my brother with respect, even though my brother is not "in our hobby"

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Growing, not shrinking.  Neal would be appalled to know that his theory is being described as the exact opposite. :whatthe:

http://nealadams.com/science-videos/

right I always get mixed up.  Well the Earth is definitely 100% growing-every astronomer would agree with that.  Space debris is constantly landing here.

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Poor fellow must have been super bored when he visited here for our first comicon.Sitting by himself,he said hi to me as I was standing in the quiet spot near his booth sneaking looks into my purchases.We chatted for a bit about what I'd got-a Strange Tales annual #1 from Harley,his sons artwork maybe?-I didn't buy anything or get a sig.A positive experience for myself.

8 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Poor fellow must have been super bored when he visited here for our first comicon.Sitting by himself,he said hi to me as I was standing in the quiet spot near his booth sneaking looks into my purchases.We chatted for a bit about what I'd got-a Strange Tales annual #1 from Harley,his sons artwork maybe?-I didn't buy anything or get a sig.A positive experience for myself.

That's great, and I certainly hope that's the case with most folks! He was certainly pleasant with me. But I've seen him in cranky huckster mode as well, and it's not as much fun, so I usually steer clear.

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Maybe the bigger the show,the more money to make brings out the carny in him.I mean,they can get like circus's no?

Absolutely! And as was pointed out earlier, Neal did a ton of work for artist rights, in addition to being a legend. I don't begrudge him a penny he gets, I just don't want someone yelling at me to buy a print I don't want. ha

39 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Exact opposite experience, he's seen me enough times now that at a recent load in at a con he was walking by me and my wife, recognized me and walked over to shake my hand and say hello.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Exact opposite experience, he's seen me enough times now that at a recent load in at a con he was walking by me and my wife, recognized me and walked over to shake my hand and say hello.

I would love it if Neal Adams actually recognized me.  I mean recognized me and didnt sneak away.