• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is HP Scanjet 8300 still the best scanner for slabs?

6 posts in this topic

Hiya,

I want to buy a scanner for my CGC slabs, but really need help to decide which one!

I've always taken pictures of the slabs but it requires a lot of time, the quality is not always good and let's say it, it looks really unprofessional for a seller :grin:

There is an old post from January 2018 on our forum, where everyone has good words for HP SCANJET 8300, so I wonder if this model could still be a good choice nowadays or if there is something better at the same price.

Found it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Scanjet-Professional-Scanner-4800dpi/dp/B003SOSKW0 

Help please!

On 9/24/2019 at 3:51 PM, 1Cool said:

I'd also look at the few that are listed on E-Bay.  $599 seems pretty hefty considering you can get a nice one for $179 - $229 and you do get some guarantee when buying stuff on E-Bay if it doesn't work when you get it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look.

I'll have to buy one from the United States, I can't find it in U.K., I would like to get a new one, anyway, don't really trust refurbished, especially from abroad.