• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is there a signed Watchmen cgc ss by Alan Moore ?

8 posts in this topic

I would like to know if there is a signed cgc ss of Watchmen 1 signed by Alan Moore .l know he signed multiple copies of the killing joke but none are available for sale now . Could anyone please shed some light on this ?

1 hour ago, subash said:

I would like to know if there is a signed cgc ss of Watchmen 1 signed by Alan Moore .l know he signed multiple copies of the killing joke but none are available for sale now . Could anyone please shed some light on this ?

This is purely off of memory, but I believe on one signing he refused flat out to sign any Watchmen books.  The second time there may have been a couple, but they would have snuck through.  Whatever the case, if there are any, there are not many. My sub was a KJ and two LoEG books.

Why do artists and writers get like that? Refusing to sign specific works. For awhile, Speigleman wouldn't sign "Maus". I was lucky enough to get him to sign Vol 1 and 2 of the paperbacks. Musicians get like that as well. Refusing to play the song or two fans go to the shows to hear.

Most of the time with comic creators there is a reason, and it is usually based upon financial considerations or creative differences. I once presented Alan Davis with a book, and he adamantly said, "I won't sign that as I wasn't paid for it." He signed everything else and was, as always, charming and engaging. But he felt very strongly about it and was very direct.

2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Most of the time with comic creators there is a reason, and it is usually based upon financial considerations or creative differences. I once presented Alan Davis with a book, and he adamantly said, "I won't sign that as I wasn't paid for it." He signed everything else and was, as always, charming and engaging. But he felt very strongly about it and was very direct.

Lou Ferrigno wouldn't sign a late seventies tv guide style digest for me as he couldn't remember seeing it before or getting paid for it.I thought he was going to keep it,tbh.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:58 AM, seanfingh said:

This is purely off of memory, but I believe on one signing he refused flat out to sign any Watchmen books.  The second time there may have been a couple, but they would have snuck through.  Whatever the case, if there are any, there are not many. My sub was a KJ and two LoEG books.

May I ask how much it cost you to get them cgc'ed

Edited by subash
typo

53 minutes ago, subash said:

May I ask how much it cost you to get them cgc'ed

I don't know what you mean?  The CGCing costs were the listed prices.  I paid the guys that flew to England a bounty of either $75 or $100 per book.  That was what they asked me for to defray their costs. It was quite a bargain.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:28 AM, seanfingh said:

I don't know what you mean?  The CGCing costs were the listed prices.  I paid the guys that flew to England a bounty of either $75 or $100 per book.  That was what they asked me for to defray their costs. It was quite a bargain.

Sorry for the late reply.Was out of town.i meant the total costs of course and not the cgc'ed costs.Thanks for clearing that up for me.