• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scrooge McDuck
1 1

81 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Got to spend about 20 minutes chatting with Don before the Baltimore show started. Really loved it.  

F549180D-E36F-4717-8F5D-F5208C2BF433.jpeg

EADA89D4-E663-4DD4-8477-D66550BB16F5.jpeg

Got any more photos of those covers behind him? I'd really like to see the Weird Science Fantasy #29  take in particular.

In any case, I want all of them!

Made a pretty big purchase (for me anyway) last week, books are on the way! I’ll post once they arrive. Hope they are as advertised. 
Picking up volumes of the Barks Collection hardcovers as well. This is one of the best rabbit (or is it duck?) holes I ever ended up falling in!

1 hour ago, AJD said:

That's great @Ricksneatstuff - thank you. Werte they prints for sale, or just decoration? I so want some!

He’s been selling those prints for many years at cons.  One of my favorite times at a convention was when my then 11 year old son got the Walt Disney’s Comics and Suspenstories from Don.  Don included a very kind inscription for him at the bottom.  Super Cool! 

Hard to believe that was 17 years ago...

8 hours ago, AJD said:

That's great @Ricksneatstuff - thank you. Werte they prints for sale, or just decoration? I so want some!

He doesn’t do sketches at cons anymore. He signs the prints and he grows hot chilies and offers them to free to fans. The really cool thing is he puts you in a seat across from him and just spends time talking with you.  A truly great guy. 

I was also going to say it's 2/3 of the Scrooge Triple Crown, but then decided not to because if someone asked me what the 3rd piece was, I realized I wasn't sure myself because there are a number of good candidates!

So I realized this is a good question for this thread.

Clearly FC 178 and FC 386 are 1 & 2.  What do you think is 3 and why?

39 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I was also going to say it's 2/3 of the Scrooge Triple Crown, but then decided not to because if someone asked me what the 3rd piece was, I realized I wasn't sure myself because there are a number of good candidates!

So I realized this is a good question for this thread.

Clearly FC 178 and FC 386 are 1 & 2.  What do you think is 3 and why?

Well, 1st appearance, « number 1 » and 3rd should be 1st main rival or enemy. Wether that’s the Beagle Boys, Glomgold or Magica depends on the individual. I vote for Uncle Scrooge 15 

2 hours ago, dikran1 said:

Well, 1st appearance, « number 1 » and 3rd should be 1st main rival or enemy. Wether that’s the Beagle Boys, Glomgold or Magica depends on the individual. I vote for Uncle Scrooge 15 

I would go for either Olde Castle's Secret with the tale of Scrooge's homeland or Back to the Klondike with tales of a young Scrooge and how he almost fell for Glittering Goldie! Probably would nod toward Klondike between the two.