• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.8 Venom Lethal Protector #4 with Corner Damage?

5 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a 9.8 LP #4 and when I pulled it out of the box, I immediately noticed this little nick on the bottom left corner of the book (See attached picture). I have read that the spine problem there is a production defect, so I wasn't bothered, but I am a bit offed by that bottom left corner. From my understanding, this 9.8 should not have that. I have already been scammed once on eBay, so I am a bit skittish now when I buy graded comics. Please help if you can.

All Hail Carnage,

Michael 

11111.jpg

9 hours ago, Michael Phares said:

Thank you. But doesn't that bindery tear keep it from being a 9.8? The grading guide that I have says bindery tears push it down to at least 9.4. 

CGC does not release the minute details of their grading criteria.    While they may b6d generally imilar to some likd Overstreet, they are not bound to them.

If I may ask, how were you scammed on a previous slab?