• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns That Are Heating Up On eBay

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

And there we go. Three posts in.

Hey @FlyingDonut - we all saw where you chastised paul747 for saying "your a tool box".

He was right and you were wrong.

How do I know?  Because I have a picture of your a tool box right here:

atb.png.b62d564c9cf7fd121c0f9076ba5b0e2d.png

...and I've got pictures of your b tool box, your c tool box, all of them.

I think you owe someone an apology. :sumo:

Edited by valiantman

2 hours ago, Second Blight said:
3 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Lets keep it clean boys. I'll start. This was pleasant, seeing as I paid 43 cents for it.

What exactly is " high grade " ? I see many flaws...

`High grade` encompasses grades other than 9.8.  That`s a point that`s been lost on modern slab collectors.  It seems facetious to say that high grade is `higher than mid grade`, but that`s the truth of the matter.  Traditionally, that transition been seen to happen in the VF range.

The above book is high grade.

Also, mods, can you sweep up the old thread and unlock it, please.

is the other one a record for the biggest thread that ever got locked?

7 minutes ago, revat said:

That really bummed me out. 2400+ pages. 

We can't have nice things!

19 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

Uh oh. I obviously missed all the drama. Fill me in! What happened? :popcorn:

a couple guys laid out some assumptions to make some estimates. 

some other guys pointed out that there isn't enough evidence to make those assumptions without tons of qualifiers.

the first guys stated that there isn't enough evidence to say that there isn't enough evidence to support those assumptions. 

Eventually only two people (mostly)  were "arguing", things got a little bit personal from one side, leading the other side to tell them not to get personal, eventually leading to things being even more personal.

I think most of it is still in the other thread available to read, except possibly the last few posts, although at some point I'm guessing it might get scrubbed and re-opened. I actually don't think it got that bad (but maybe I missed the worst posts), although the argument is an age old one that keeps repeating itself (but for good reason IMO)

I reserve my argument/opinions on the actual issues in the argument because I have no real desire to argue or get points or to get this thread locked.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Hey @FlyingDonut - we all saw where you chastised paul747 for saying "your a tool box".

He was right and you were wrong.

How do I know?  Because I have a picture of your a tool box right here:

atb.png.b62d564c9cf7fd121c0f9076ba5b0e2d.png

...and I've got pictures of your b tool box, your c tool box, all of them.

I think you owe someone an apology. :sumo:

They lock threads for spelling errors?

42 minutes ago, 500Club said:
3 hours ago, Second Blight said:
4 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Lets keep it clean boys. I'll start. This was pleasant, seeing as I paid 43 cents for it.

What exactly is " high grade " ? I see many flaws...

`High grade` encompasses grades other than 9.8.  That`s a point that`s been lost on modern slab collectors.  It seems facetious to say that high grade is `higher than mid grade`, but that`s the truth of the matter.  Traditionally, that transition been seen to happen in the VF range.

Yeah, all that, except the listing description says it's NM/M.

28 minutes ago, revat said:

The Amazing Fantasy original thread was a really big one,but not sure if it made it so high in numbers.

Other ones I can think of are pif or rak

40 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

Uh oh. I obviously missed all the drama. Fill me in! What happened? :popcorn:

Also 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, manetteska said:
53 minutes ago, 500Club said:

Yeah, all that, except the listing description says it's NM/M.

I suppose that`s a hair that could be split. hm

It does tend to alienate potential posters, though, as you can see by donut withdrawing his post.   It`s not like there was a rusted staple or sub crease.

So, comics.

Anything happening with Red Star?

Had 2 copies sitting doing nothing since January - both sold today to different buyers.

Been a movie option for ages - something moved forward?    (probably as they were the only 2 I had!)

Edited by Beige