• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns That Are Heating Up On eBay

32 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, revat said:

is the other one a record for the biggest thread that ever got locked?

Maybe, but it has been locked (and reopened, obviously) multiple times before. They don't permanently lock huge, non-contentious threads just because of a few bad posts.

A few days ago I received an email from DCBS claiming that the Bloodshot #1 sketch covers had to be pulled and reprinted because they were printed on the wrong cover stock. But today I did find some at my LCS with a glossy white cover. It will be interesting to see what percentage made it out, and what demand might be, especially with the move coming up.

19 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

A few days ago I received an email from DCBS claiming that the Bloodshot #1 sketch covers had to be pulled and reprinted because they were printed on the wrong cover stock. But today I did find some at my LCS with a glossy white cover. It will be interesting to see what percentage made it out, and what demand might be, especially with the move coming up.

Diamond sent a recall notice to all retailers telling them to destroy any copies they received this week because there was an error with the paper stock.

I ordered a few online and they have all been marked as shipped.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:32 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

That's a very desirable ASM and Campbell cover, and has been for quite some time. I can never keep it in stock. One of my favourite Campbell covers.

Cool. I have a few of those. Thought it was a $5 book and was waiting for double digits.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Diamond sent a recall notice to all retailers telling them to destroy any copies they received this week because there was an error with the paper stock.

I ordered a few online and they have all been marked as shipped.

I got my DCBS shipment today and there were no blank covers, so I assume they will ship with the corrected stock. Midtown Comics had the sketch covers with the glossier stock.

6 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I got my DCBS shipment today and there were no blank covers, so I assume they will ship with the corrected stock. Midtown Comics had the sketch covers with the glossier stock.

That's weird.

Almost as weird as when I got an e-mail this week from instocktrades.com (owned by DCBS) about how the books I ordered weren't in stock and were backordered.