• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

North Carolina area OA Collectors Roll Call!

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week! I was interested in getting a role call going for NC OA collectors on the boards. I thought it would be super cool to get a little collecting club together if there's enough of us. Maybe have some BBQs or what ever. I'm in the Charlotte Area. But there's loads of interesting areas all across the state to do this kind of thing at: the mountains, the beach, surrounding regions of other states, where ever. 

If this is something that interests you, then respond to this post or PM. I think it would be super cool to meet more local collectors in a face to face social environment. 

~Keith 

2 hours ago, The Cimmerians Purse said:

Hey guys, 

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week! I was interested in getting a role call going for NC OA collectors on the boards. I thought it would be super cool to get a little collecting club together if there's enough of us. Maybe have some BBQs or what ever. I'm in the Charlotte Area. But there's loads of interesting areas all across the state to do this kind of thing at: the mountains, the beach, surrounding regions of other states, where ever. 

If this is something that interests you, then respond to this post or PM. I think it would be super cool to meet more local collectors in a face to face social environment. 

~Keith 

Good luck with getting folks together 

4 hours ago, The Cimmerians Purse said:

Killer! nice to meet you man! Welcome to the group :)

What kind of comics / comic art are you into?

I'm Keith

Mostly modern/current superhero stuff. I don't have much affinity for pre '90 or so (and most of that nostalgic sweet spot is out of my range unfortunately). Started out collecting covers mostly, but have gotten into panel pages more so recently. 

CAF Link

1 hour ago, awayne83 said:

Mostly modern/current superhero stuff. I don't have much affinity for pre '90 or so (and most of that nostalgic sweet spot is out of my range unfortunately). Started out collecting covers mostly, but have gotten into panel pages more so recently. 

CAF Link

I'm all over the place. Classic stuff, new stuff. I still love reading comics. I'm very eclectic from a genre perspective. If I like the creative team working on a project then I'll read it. So, that puts me a bit all over the place. My BIG genre, however, is horror.

I took a look at your CAF link you've got some real neat art. That Wonder Woman commission is fantastic!

42 minutes ago, The Cimmerians Purse said:

I'm all over the place. Classic stuff, new stuff. I still love reading comics. I'm very eclectic from a genre perspective. If I like the creative team working on a project then I'll read it. So, that puts me a bit all over the place. My BIG genre, however, is horror.

I took a look at your CAF link you've got some real neat art. That Wonder Woman commission is fantastic!

Thanks for the kind comments. I recognized you from that DWJ complete issue you have. I remember you posting on here about that, and how excited you were.

I used to be into collected editions but sold most of them off earlier this year, so i haven't read many comics in the last 6 months or so. Creator-owned was where it was at for me mostly the last several years. Image, Dark Horse, etc have been a great avenue for creators to flex their creative muscles. 

I had that WW commissioned at Heroes this year. Matteo is a cool dude, even though his prices jumped considerably this year. I won't hold that against him lol

Edited by awayne83

18 minutes ago, awayne83 said:

Thanks for the kind comments. I recognized you from that DWJ complete issue you have. I remember you posting on here about that, and how excited you were.

I used to be into collected editions but sold most of them off earlier this year, so i haven't read many comics in the last 6 months or so. Creator-owned was where it was at for me mostly the last several years. Image, Dark Horse, etc have been a great avenue for creators to flex their creative muscles. 

I had that WW commissioned at Heroes this year. Matteo is a cool dude, even though his prices jumped considerably this year. I won't hold that against him lol

Yeah I've had my periods of not reading as much, but I always come back. I really just love the medium.

Still super stoked over that complete DWJ Murder Falcon Issue. :banana:

... I still cant flip through it without getting a teary eyed. It's a super emotional issue. Daniel's work is fantastic! I can't wait for his Wonder Woman in December.

I wonder how many times we passed each other in the aisles this year at Heroes. Probably a bunch lol! That Commission is fantastic!

7 hours ago, awayne83 said:

CAF Link

Great collection (thumbsu

5 hours ago, vodou said:

whoa

somehow I missed that you are complete issue guy ;)

Murder Falcon came out when I was assessing my own life’s priorities… so, it really, really hit me in the feels. Perfect book at the perfect time. So by the time the series ended I just knew what I had to do. :)

Edited by The Cimmerians Purse
Emoticon