• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Feige's STAR WARS ADVENTURES (TBD)

24 posts in this topic

Somebody is bringing the worlds of Marvel and Star Wars together, and this time it isn't the comics. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has reportedly been tapped to develop a new movie set in the Star Wars universe, taking advantage of Disney's ownership of both properties and Feige's long, unbroken string of major financial successes at the Mouse's House of Ideas. Feige is a fan, and apparently came up with an idea for a story while meeting with Disney Studios chief Alan Horn and Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy earlier this year. Surprisingly, when The Hollywood Reporter approached Disney about it, Horn seemed fairly willing to talk.

Feige is one of a number of filmmakers and luminaries, including The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson and the executive producers of HBO's Game of Thrones, who have been associated with on-Skywalker Star Wars movies since the failure of Solo: A Star Wars Story. So far, none of the films have gone into production, but it seems likely that Disney will push some movement on them once Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is finished with post-production.

We are excited about the projects Kathy and the Lucasfilm team are working on, not only in terms of Star Wars but also Indiana Jones and reaching into other parts of the company including Children of Blood and Bone with Emma Watts and Fox," Horn said in a statement. "With the close of the Skywalker Saga, Kathy is pursuing a new era in Star Wars storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a Star Wars film together."

Set some time after the Rian Johnson-directed Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the ninth episode is “an adventure the group goes on together,” Abrams said earlier this year during the film’s presentation panel at Star Wars Celebration Chicago. “One of the great things about getting to work on the movie is the dynamic between all of the characters. They’re amazing together, and it’s something I’m excited for you all to see.”

Walt Disney Studios shocked the world this evening with the reveal that Marvel Studios mastermind Kevin Feige will be assisting in the galaxy far, far away, aiding Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy with the production of a brand new Star Wars movie. And while many fans are excited about the future of the Star Wars franchise with Feige involved, there are also questions about what it means for the future of Disney's two popular production houses moving forward. And while Kathleen Kennedy has a lot more projects in development, including new shows for Disney+, is it possible she could leave Lucasfilm in the future?

The answer as of now is no, as the report from the Hollywood Reporter indicates that Kennedy will remain as the president of Lucasfilm.

"Some see this move as a prelude to a larger role for Feige within Lucasfilm, while others say it merely reflects the Marvel executive’s passion for the franchise. A top Disney source says Kennedy remains in charge with no plans for any changes," the report states.

This echoes the statement Walt Disney Studios executive Alan Horn gave in the announcement about Feige and Kennedy working together.

"We are excited about the projects Kathy and the Lucasfilm team are working on, not only in terms of Star Wars but also Indiana Jones and reaching into other parts of the company including Children of Blood and Bone with Emma Watts and Fox. With the close of the Skywalker Saga, Kathy is pursuing a new era in Star Wars storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a Star Wars film together," Horn said.

Edited by Bosco685

36 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

35 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Wouldn’t mind either to be honest.  I’m not too high on what JJ did with Force Awakens so I welcome new stories not rehashes of the old.

I will always appreciate what Johnson did over JJ and am hoping that JJ redeems himself. 

As far as Feige? Make Star Wars an anthology set of movies like they are doing with the Disney+ series.  Bring in more diversity and open up the Star Wars universe even further.  Every single one of those aliens in the original cantina sequence represented a different species from a different world. It’s time to go out there and see those worlds.  

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Wouldn’t mind either to be honest.  I’m not too high on what JJ did with Force Awakens so I welcome new stories not rehashes of the old.

I will always appreciate what Johnson did over JJ and am hoping that JJ redeems himself. 

As far as Feige? Make Star Wars an anthology set of movies like they are doing with the Disney+ series.  Bring in more diversity and open up the Star Wars universe even further.  Every single one of those aliens in the original cantina sequence represented a different species from a different world. It’s time to go out there and see those worlds.  

It's been rumored for a long while now Iger was going to turn Star Wars over to Feige as the franchise builder. So to see this early effort - but making it clear she is still in charge - is interesting.

On 9/27/2019 at 9:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's been rumored for a long while now Iger was going to turn Star Wars over to Feige as the franchise builder. So to see this early effort - but making it clear she is still in charge - is interesting.

Feige isn't getting paid enough with all the weight that is being given to him.  I am totally jealous of him:roflmao:.  An amazingly fun job that pays out the butt!

PS JJ is overrated!

Edited by Xenosmilus

23 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Feige isn't getting paid enough with all the weight that is being given to him.  I am totally jealous of him:roflmao:.  An amazingly fun job that pays out the butt!

PS JJ is overrated!

You should see Feige's office pictures. Like a comic book fanboy's dream come true from what they showed in a few articles. And for him - it did! :applause:

kevin-feige-marvel-studios-variety-cover

kevin-feige-office-4.jpg&key=ce2f0873978

kevin-feige-office-1.jpg&key=f338e290dbf

Edited by Bosco685

Kevin Feige's Star Wars Film Adds Loki Writer

Reports emerged in 2019 that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige had been tapped by Lucasfilm to develop a Star Wars film for the franchise, and after nearly two years of ambiguity around the project, Deadline reports that the project has enlisted Loki and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness writer Michael Waldron to -script the adventure, which Feige will develop and produce. While Disney has yet to confirm this news, the outlet reports that this is merely one component of a new deal Disney struck with Waldron, which would also include bringing him back for the second season of the upcoming Loki.

This new report also helps clarify the role Feige will have in the film, as the initial claims were merely that he was working with Lucasfilm on a Star Wars film, though it was unclear what his role would be in bringing the project to life. Based on these recent descriptions, it would sound as though he will serve a similar capacity on the film as he has on Marvel Studios projects.

Longtime fans of the MCU weren't surprised by the initial announcement, as the series regularly finds ways to pay respects to the galaxy far, far away, whether it be through obvious references or through subtle gags. Avengers director Joe Russo has even admitted that they are aware that Star Wars has always been Feige's true love.

"Star Wars is Kevin's first and true love," Russo shared with The Hollywood Reporter. "He's a man who has a very, very large basement filled with enough Star Wars paraphernalia to fill a museum. Whatever he does with it is going to be passionate, emotional, and unique."

Just last month, Zhao admitted that she would gladly get involved in any project Feige enlisted her for, while also noting her passion for the Star Wars franchise.

"I would, I'll do anything Kevin asked me to do," Zhao shared with The Playlist in regards to her interest in such a project. During a conversation with Al Horner earlier this year, on the topic of Star Wars and her interest, Zhao joked, "Hmmmm. I have to tread very carefully with what I say here. Yes. Let's just say, it's a world I have so much reverence for because it was such an important part of my life."

Ever since Disney acquired Lucasfilm, placing Marvel Studios and Star Wars under the same umbrella, it has been rumored that Feige would cross over to produce a movie set in a galaxy far, far away. That dream finally came true in 2019 when it was finally announced that Feige would co-produce a Star Wars movie along with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. They eventually tapped the MCU's own Michael Waldron to pen the screenplay, who previously served as head writer for Loki season 1 and the sole screenwriter behind Doctor Strange 2. Since the news of Waldron's hiring, there have been virtually no new details about the project.

During an appearance on Deadline's Hero Nation podcast, Waldron offered a minor update on the status of the Star Wars movie. When asked about Loki season 2, Waldron mentioned that Eric Martin has taken over for him as head writer and his involvement in the Marvel show has been limited due to his preoccupation with writing the Star Wars movie. "Obviously, I'm kind of busy, off writing this little Star Wars movie as well," Waldron shared