• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grail Day!
2 2

42 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Picked up this amazing grail recently! The stars were aligned and everything just fell into place. 

While the book is EP, it was done by Matt Nelson over 10 years ago so I think can be improved. Main area was the spine which was gone, and a long tear into the cover. 

I posted this in the Superman thread but felt it deserved its own. Thanks for looking at my PLOD! lol

Now the elusive Action 1 remains.....

FC49BCF2-4D24-468C-8015-8C7D1D549377.jpeg

C8B77620-F14A-46D6-8DFB-B185BD6EDEDB.jpeg

I loved restored books!

I just got wind of one found in the wild down south.  Looks to be about a 1.5 but it’s missing a coupon ( I don’t think it affected story )  From the looks of the house where they were found the guy kept everything. There was a Action 12 & Supes 14 in the mix.  I don’t remember seeing anything else that stood out. 

Congrats !!! Had a poor condition Supes #1 about 10 years ago that Matt turned into a PLOD ext. P 5.5 - did a beautiful job and I kept it up until a year ago when I sold it to a boardie. It's a great book to have, great feeling. Good luck on an Action #1 - an ever better feeling once you obtain one!

3 hours ago, fishbone said:

Congrats !!! Had a poor condition Supes #1 about 10 years ago that Matt turned into a PLOD ext. P 5.5 - did a beautiful job and I kept it up until a year ago when I sold it to a boardie. It's a great book to have, great feeling. Good luck on an Action #1 - an ever better feeling once you obtain one!

Might be a while for the action 1, bit like with this and my Detective 27, the stars were aligned. At this point I have the Superman 1 and Action 2-18.