• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everybody told me not to so I opened a comic shop
2 2

120 posts in this topic

Oh and @Cruzin' Thru Comics  congrats on chasing that dream! Hope it works out great. Lots of very pragmatic types around here, and I understand that, but I think when it comes to big dreams, you just have to go for it, you know? So good on ya!

Looks great and having a shop means people can just walk in with collections to sell.  You never know what will come walking in the doors .  Good luck to you !! 

Throw some more pictures up!  Give the people a taste!  Storefront at least.

good luck!

Just now, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

I’m actually a technician with at&t and I did install 3 cameras. 2 inside and one outside facing window and door. The shop is only 600 sq ft so figured didn’t want to overkill it with too many cameras. I’ll post a few more pictures. The storefront isn’t much to look at I’m afraid. But the next cheapest location I could find was over twice as expensive. Also, we are still moving in stuff and shop still a little empty. 

46EAC73C-EDE0-4A11-A61D-A5FBC6B6D9ED.jpeg

C64F22B6-0699-45ED-B582-FBCB9D6EF558.jpeg

07F44DC4-916E-4D5C-8110-51CA1C1F961E.png

54031493-C54E-44E6-86C4-91BFE8705F6E.png

A5C34F79-68D3-4903-8089-FA3C161BCEAB.png

There they are! Didn't see them in the lead picture of the thread. Looks great!! Now you have to put your adjoining store owners on notice that if all goes as planned, your needs to eventually expand will supersede their plans to continue to do business at those locations! xD

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

There they are! Didn't see them in the lead picture of the thread. Looks great!! Now you have to put your adjoining store owners on notice that if all goes as planned, your needs to eventually expand will supersede their plans to continue to do business at those locations! xD

Yea, if I get some time I’d like to hide the wiring with molding but doesn’t look too bad. I’m just hoping for some customers lol. There are a few storefronts in same building that face the street. Would be much better for foot traffic. Maybe later on if all goes well 

Wow! Congratulations on the store. I've never seen a comic shop with hardwood floors before. It looks so classy.

Like so many others, I also dreamed of owning a comic shop when I was a kid. Believe it or not, I wanted it to be connected to a pizza place, with giant signs warning people to go to the comic shop first before grabbing a slice at the pizza place.

14 hours ago, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

Just wanted to let any Boardie’s in the area know about the shop. We’re in Santa Clarita (about 40 miles north of Los Angeles). Stop by and say hi if you’re in the area. Thanks, John 

One thing about living in Santa Clarita I never could stomach.

All the damn vampires.