• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped package. No USPS updates in over a week!?! Anyone else experience?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

Normally once CGC ships my package, it takes around 3-5 days to get to me. I’m in Texas and they’re in Florida.  They always sent Priority and Registered.  I had some items pressed and regraded at CGC and all went up. I was thrilled. 

Easily worth over $10,000 now.  
Problem is now the USPS tracking shows no movement at all once they left Tampa.  Been stuck there over 7 days now.  
Curious if anyone else had long wait times?  
I’m getting nervous about it....so far no one can tell me anything either. 

Edited by Gruson

I had a very similar situation back in April.  The package left Sarasota FL and arrived in San Antonio TX (was shipped UPS).  Then I waited for delivery and it never showed up.  3 days went by and it still never showed up, so I called UPS (in your case, I recommend contacting USPS to have them look at it using a different system then what can bee seen on the tracking) and they put a missing package notice out (I think that's what they called it.)  Even though it was showing as in San Antonio, somehow it ended up in New Jersey but it was not showing tracking updates UNTIL they put the missing package notice on it.

I then took 10 days to make it back to San Antonio as it was misrouted to Indiana for a few days, then back to New Jersey (tracking NEVER updated until the day before it was finally delivered).  When I finally received it, there was nothing wrong with the box or the label...just UPS mishandling.

Outside of calling UPS, I contacted CGC as (according to UPS customer service) they would have to file any insurance claim on the package.  CGC was very open to whatever could be done to help me and I kept them posted the whole time.

I'd recommend calling USPS first for ANY information they can provide, and then contact CGC in case an insurance claim needs to be filed.  The sad part is I'm sure the claim can only be for the stated value when you sent the comic books in, so if you didn't list it as over $10,000 pre graded, it can only be covered for the stated value.  Of course if you DID list state the value of over $10,000.00, you should be ok.

Best of luck on this and keep us posted on the outcome.

DJ

Every time I have a shipment from CGC the same thing occurs.  I had one ship out of Tampa on the 21st and after 5 days got my first update just this morning since the package left Tampa.  When CGC ships via USPS they use Registered mail so shipments not only can take much longer but tracking updates don't occur often and your package may end up going to a city (or two, or three) entirely out of the way of the route you'd expect.  I live in Indianapolis and packages from cgc take between 3 and 7 days to go from Tampa to Chicago then another two days to go from Chicago to Indy.  Sometimes they go through Detroit then to Indy.  You'll get an update soon.  Its registered mail so its protected and locked up during the entire delivery cycle so you will get your package.  The book I'm having delivered now is also over $10k so I'm glad I'm used to the delay because I'd be on edge too about now.   

Edited by comicquant

Registered has always taken forever for me. One time I went to the post office to see if I could just pick the package up, because it had been apparently sitting there for several days. Was told that there's only one guy with access, one key, and he wasn't there. So, yeah, registered is unpredictable and doesn't follow the logic of most USPS shipping times/routes.

21 hours ago, Gruson said:

Problem is I’ve had multiple packages that were registered from CGC only take 3-4 days and tracking was always updating. 

Give it a couple more.  I've had packages get to me in 3 days and others took 10 days with very little in the way of updates.  

Registered mail, so the register must be signed each and everytime a USPS worker handles it. No worries.

Registered tracking can be different than the other services, the online tracking a little quirky by comparison.

I wouldn't be concerned yet, but at some point, if you are, simply call 1-800-222-1811. Or go to your post office and ask. Using these two options, they will be able to track the parcel internally for you, using their computer, which offers deeper access into the delivery details than the online tracking does.

Wow. This is actually good news for me. I got a package from CGC and tracking says it was in Tampa last Wednesday. I figured since it was Priority that it would be in North Houston on Thursday. Well, on Thursday Imelda struck Houston and that distribution center’s roof collapsed. I figured my box was there but now I’m thinking there’s a chance it wasn’t. 

Then again no updates since last Wednesday. What do you guys think?

I also posted in the other thread but nothing new for me. 

Thanks. I’ll try not worry about it...but it still has not updated since Sept 19 when it left Tampa..almost like it never arrived to its destination.

September 19, 2019, 8:07 am 
Departed USPS Facility 
TAMPA, FL 33630  
Your item departed our USPS facility in TAMPA, FL 33630 on September 19, 2019 at 8:07 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

USPS is no help either on providing more details. Big surprise. 
curious what other see that are stuck. 

6 hours ago, Gruson said:

USPS is no help either on providing more details. Big surprise. 

That's interesting...maybe give it another try on Monday.  Every time I've gone in to USPS for a missing package, they have been able to do a different type of search that tells more than the tracking I see online.  I have had some of the post office folks tell me there was nothing THEY could do, but I'm always referred to someone who does have access to internal tracking.

Best of luck, I do know how very frustrating this can be and is!

DJ

If I have an expensive package, particularly one worth in excess of $10k in books, I ask them and pay for overnight shipping with signature confirmation.  I've had dozens and dozens of packages shipped from CGC and a grand total of zero ever lost or delayed -- but I either elect ground (rarely) or overnight (almost always).

I would prefer to go FedEx from CGC but they don’t insure comics which is why I chose Priority Registered.  Does UPS insure?  Maybe I’ll use them next time. 
plus the value I used was before they were pressed and graded so the grades went up a lot.  I was super excited but now am not so much and worried more.  Lost after a depart seems like it never arrived to next location...

4 hours ago, Gruson said:

I would prefer to go FedEx from CGC but they don’t insure comics which is why I chose Priority Registered.  Does UPS insure?  Maybe I’ll use them next time. 
plus the value I used was before they were pressed and graded so the grades went up a lot.  I was super excited but now am not so much and worried more.  Lost after a depart seems like it never arrived to next location...

If I'm not mistaken the USPS Registry option is the only option to insure higher than $100 per package unless maybe if you use your own FedEx account - if so there might be an option to insure it for the value of the package.  In almost every case I use USPS Registered Mail.  It's slower but comes with way more peace of mind...

Thanks all, they showed up today. No updates via text or online but I have the comics.  USPS came through...lol, just not as fast or accurate.  At one point a rep told me she saw no internal updates either and I needed to file a claim. Glad I didn’t have to do that.  Thanks all.  

I’m going through this exact scenario now.   Waiting on CGC books that were sent priority, finalized on 12/16/19 at CGC.   Arrived at my hometown USPS 12/26/19.   In transit on that date.....and nothing since.....and no one can tell me anything.   Yesterday, I had one person at local USPS tell me to call a USPS investigation team and another one argue with him and said it will show up and just to be patient.   

we shall see.