• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jane Goodall and I Walk Into A Con...
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Suppose that I am friends with Jane Goodall. Suppose she joins me at a con.  Suppose I have my copy of ASM 110 with me.

If I walk up to CGC and she signs it while they witness, would they call it a signature series?

I realize this is an absurd question but maybe something more realistic like Tom Holland signing a copy of ASM 529 in front of witnesses makes more sense. Would it be a yellow label or are they reserved for artists and creators only?

Edited by comicginger1789

21 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Suppose that I am friends with Jane Goodall. Suppose she joins me at a con.  Suppose I have my copy of ASM 110 with me.

If I walk up to CGC and she signs it while they witness, would they call it a signature series?

I realize this is an absurd question but maybe something more realistic like Tom Holland signing a copy of ASM 529 in front of witnesses makes more sense. Would it be a yellow label or are they reserved for artists and creators only?

There are tons of celebrity SS, my friend.

19 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

She only signs the first appearance of Gorilla Grodd. Sorry

51 minutes ago, MarkMoon said:

I had a similar train of thought.  If I legally change my name to Jack Kirby and start signing comic books would CGC witness and mark the books as "Signed by Jack Kirby?"

Or if your name wasn’t already Jack Kirby. Heck I’m sure another one exists. I think they might decline that or have a note on the slab say “Signed by Another Jack Kirby”