• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you know of any comics referencing real life railroads?
1 1

61 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a comic in which one of the following things is present:

The story references a real life railroad company, or train line. 

There is an advertisement for a railroad company or train line. 

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Thanks for the help. I don't think I'll have a ton of luck because it seems the farther back you go the more comic books were just for kids... kids buy candy and toys, not tourism. 

There is a comic called something like George Washington's Railroad.  Its a supposedly accurate story of a railroad laid out over a road George Washington designed. The cover has George surveying while a steam ship rolls up the river. Hopefully, everyone sees the problem with that.

10 hours ago, shadroch said:

There is a comic called something like George Washington's Railroad.  Its a supposedly accurate story of a railroad laid out over a road George Washington designed. The cover has George surveying while a steam ship rolls up the river. Hopefully, everyone sees the problem with that.

Is this it? I have one. got it in a collection many moons ago.

george washington rr.jpg

george washington rr 2.jpg

I picked up a copy as part of a collection. Didn't pay any attention to it until I saw some completed sales.

This is the only comic I know of about a specific line, the rest seem pretty generic.

Edited by shadroch

7 hours ago, shadroch said:

I picked up a copy as part of a collection. Didn't pay any attention to it until I saw some completed sales.

This is the only comic I know of about a specific line, the rest seem pretty generic.

Is there a date on that book. I can't find one.

Not sure if these fit or not.  I didn't look at the actual story but these are in the public domain so you can check them on https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1507 or https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/

Real Life Comics #11 has a story titled, "Leland Stanford Railroad Pioneer of the West."

Real Life Comics #39 has a story titled, "Railroads on Parade."

Real Life Comics #40 has another story titled, "Railroads on Parade."

On 9/26/2019 at 3:04 PM, aKyleT said:

Can you tell us if any of the suggestions fit what you were looking for?

5 minutes ago, kav said:
On 9/26/2019 at 5:04 PM, aKyleT said:

Can you tell us if any of the suggestions fit what you were looking for?

@aKyleT I'm tagging him so he get's it in his email, idk lol 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@aKyleT I'm tagging him so he get's it in his email, idk lol 

I hate it when people show up, ask a question and we spend some time researching and never hear a peep from them.  I know he did peep once I hope he answers this.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I hate it when people show up, ask a question and we spend some time researching and never hear a peep from them.  I know he did peep once I hope he answers this.

He did respond on Thursday, and that is the last time that he logged in. And THEN everyone started helping..... he may think that was it so idk :foryou: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

He did respond on Thursday, and that is the last time that he logged in. And THEN everyone started helping..... he may think that was it so idk :foryou: 

I hope he's not one of them millennials that need it right now and then their off to the next shiny object-

5 hours ago, kav said:

I hope he's not one of them millennials that need it right now and then their off to the next shiny object-

As opposed to a Boomer with a predilection for bizarre segues about a daytime television 'judge'. hm

1 minute ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

As opposed to a Boomer with a predilection for bizarre segues about a daytime television 'judge'. hm

Bruh this lady on Judge Judy wouldnt answer Judy's questions so she dismissed her case.  lol Also, you dont get paid or your plane ticket home unless you answer her questions, as you signed a contract to do so!