• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you know of any comics referencing real life railroads?
1 1

61 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, kav said:

Bruh this lady on Judge Judy wouldnt answer Judy's questions so she dismissed her case.  lol Also, you dont get paid or your plane ticket home unless you answer her questions, as you signed a contract to do so!  

My favourite is still the 'rocket science' moment. Just unexpectedly wholesome. If we're talking screwed up, it was a case where a woman borrowed her sisters' car, crashed it into a deer, then refused to pay for repairs, BUT did offer to share the meat from the splattered roadkilled deer with her. It was a wild ride. 

3 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

My favourite is still the 'rocket science' moment. Just unexpectedly wholesome. If we're talking screwed up, it was a case where a woman borrowed her sisters' car, crashed it into a deer, then refused to pay for repairs, BUT did offer to share the meat from the splattered roadkilled deer with her. It was a wild ride. 

Epic.  I still remember that woman.  Short dirty blond hair and a thick neck lol 

What did you do with the deer?
We ate it.

4 hours ago, kav said:

Epic.  I still remember that woman.  Short dirty blond hair and a thick neck lol 

What did you do with the deer?
We ate it.

That's the one! Except it wasn't 'ate'. It was 'et'. 'We et it'. 

10 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

That's the one! Except it wasn't 'ate'. It was 'et'. 'We et it'. 

Thats the one!

On 9/28/2019 at 1:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

He did respond on Thursday, and that is the last time that he logged in. And THEN everyone started helping..... he may think that was it so idk :foryou: 

I'm a DJ so my weekends are just gigs and rest. It's really nice to come back to more responses. thanks everyone. 

5 minutes ago, aKyleT said:

I'm a DJ so my weekends are just gigs and rest. It's really nice to come back to more responses. thanks everyone. 

so did any of the suggestions hit home?

3 minutes ago, aKyleT said:

Yeah a few of the books are pretty cool. 

Dang I was hoping for something like "Wow this is exactly the thing I was looking for!!!  WOW"

1 hour ago, kav said:

Dang I was hoping for something like "Wow this is exactly the thing I was looking for!!!  WOW"

I'm very very much impressed, edit: the board delivered.  But if I don't come off that way it's because I'm also feeling kind of depressed. 

I'm surprised and glad anyone responded at all honestly.  

Edited by aKyleT

3 minutes ago, aKyleT said:

I'm very very much impressed, edit: the board delivered.  But if I don't come off that way it's because I'm also feeling kind of depressed. 

No worries! Some people come and go quickly without responding is all... so thank you for thanking those for thanksgiving on being thankful for the thanks we are thankful for ;)

12 minutes ago, aKyleT said:

I used to suffer from depression-best cure for depression is help others.  Get involved with other people's lives.  Dwelling on self is the source of depression.

16 minutes ago, aKyleT said:

nothing specific about the train but i always thought this was a great cover ...

Image result for house of mystery comic book train cover

On 9/27/2019 at 12:52 AM, shadroch said:

There is a comic called something like George Washington's Railroad.  Its a supposedly accurate story of a railroad laid out over a road George Washington designed. The cover has George surveying while a steam ship rolls up the river. Hopefully, everyone sees the problem with that.

Washington only served on nuclear powered vessels. 

On 9/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, aKyleT said:

I'm looking for a comic in which one of the following things is present:

The story references a real life railroad company, or train line. 

There is an advertisement for a railroad company or train line. 

Spider-man travels out to the suburbs on top of the LIRR. The make and model are correct for the time and is even pictured on the cover. 

latest?cb=20180112023053

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Spider-man travels out to the suburbs on top of the LIRR. The make and model are correct for the time and is even pictured on the cover. 

latest?cb=20180112023053

wonder what he do when he sees someone drop trou

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

latest?cb=20180112023053

ps thats an extremely lazy cover drawing wtf

1 minute ago, kav said:

oh lord what is it

This is the nonsense that I am going to one day either lose my life over or lose my freedom.  After working all day, I refuse to move to the side to make way for this nonsense.