• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM The Amazing Spider-Man #64

15 posts in this topic

I agree with the 8.0, as to your scans, are you sure they are being saved as jpegs? I know when I first started scanning, mine were of the wrong "type" it does tell you what type of saved files can be entered. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Dino-Mutt
ADDITIONAL INFO

Would a clean and press increase everyone's grades on this possibly? I really want to start learning how to grade, it just seems like a very intimidating art. Can some of the defects be pointed out by you guys and how many points you guys think they drop things per defect? With the book in hand, and understanding some of those defects might help me get a bit of a firmer grasp.

I have been collecting since I was a child, but took 25 or so years off from the hobby when my kids were born, up until their college etc.. I started back into it slow, but now i am fully hooked back in. Slowly inventorying my collection and surfing ebay

And does CCS clean AND press? Or just press? 

Thanks for the grades everyone!

The books just came back from CGC. I have a couple of threads I'll attach books to today. Thank you everybody for offering up grades. It took me a little while to get them submitted. This one went in for a clean/press as well. But unfortunately didn't come back as nice as I hoped. Still a beautiful book however. It came back as a 6.0.

On the back, almost impossible to see after the cleaning along the bottom is some almost imperceptible staining. But on the back, there is as some a large patch that they call scratching, but I think it looks like somebody had a piece of paper on top and were trying to get a pen to work by scribbling on the paper, which dented the back. I though that would come out with the press, but I guess not. There are no color breaks with that, just impressions on the back cover. Tried to get a pic, but I can't get the lighting right. 

On the front, mentions staining on the bottom front, but I can't seem to see it. But overall, it is still a beautiful book!

20200127_153710.jpg