• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Paradigm Shift and Losing My Religion
3 3

78 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Foley said:

In all of their 19-ingredient glory.

Ever since they began leaving out the key ingredient, the lard once used for frying, the flavor sank like a stone.

These days, this is what tasty fries look like.  Fresh cut and unprocessed potatoes, fried in peanut oil:

20170607-113059-largejpg.jpg

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

Ever since they began leaving out the key ingredient, the lard once used for frying, the flavor sank like a stone.

These days, this is what tasty fries look like.  Fresh cut and unprocessed potatoes, fried in peanut oil:

20170607-113059-largejpg.jpg

Amen! The best fries I ever had were from a place in Brussels called Fritland, and they use beef fat for frying. 

8DC4CE9C-BF0C-4FAD-B328-7192895AED55.jpeg.bca6a4a7829f33af564ba5cf9455ebb7.jpeg

Lard makes things scrumptious.There were some Danish cookies I used to love-the kind that come in the round tin-and since they stopped using lard,beef shortening they just aren't the same.Peanut oil is pretty uncommon here,I guess because of allergies,but I love getting chips from the Asian places here(a few sell them) because they just get that extra crisp.I guess peanut oil heats to a higher temperature?