• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Exchange Management

8 posts in this topic

I listed a bunch of books on the exchange and I can’t find anywhere where I can view all my listings. I have to search for them individually as if there’s zero attachment to them and my account. Do they only pop up in the section where it appears they should be once there’s bids/sales?

Surely I’m being dumb and am missing this feature somewhere? Please help me find it. If it doesn’t exist, why the heck doesn’t it? If I didn’t mark my spreadsheet I’d have no idea what I have listed, which could explain all the OBE listings on the exchange...

8 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I listed a bunch of books on the exchange and I can’t find anywhere where I can view all my listings. I have to search for them individually as if there’s zero attachment to them and my account. Do they only pop up in the section where it appears they should be once there’s bids/sales?

Surely I’m being dumb and am missing this feature somewhere? Please help me find it. If it doesn’t exist, why the heck doesn’t it? If I didn’t mark my spreadsheet I’d have no idea what I have listed, which could explain all the OBE listings on the exchange...

It has been ages since I listed books on CL but if you go to your Comictrack (one of the small links in the blue banner at the top of the homepage or you can access it after you login).  You will see below.  There is a link to see your auction listings as well as your comic book listings.

440188735_FireShotCapture033-ComicLink__TheOnlineVintageComicBookandComicArtAuctionand_-www_comiclink_com.thumb.png.e16c3edcc24527749967c139285fb32d.png

6 minutes ago, telerites said:

It has been ages since I listed books on CL but if you go to your Comictrack (one of the small links in the blue banner at the top of the homepage or you can access it after you login).  You will see below.  There is a link to see your auction listings as well as your comic book listings.

440188735_FireShotCapture033-ComicLink__TheOnlineVintageComicBookandComicArtAuctionand_-www_comiclink_com.thumb.png.e16c3edcc24527749967c139285fb32d.png

Ahhh I was going to “exchange selling” which was blank, but you’re right if I go to “your comic book listings” I see it. Glad it was just me being daft...thanks!

16 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

While I have the board’s attention, y’all like exchange when selling? I haven’t received any action yet, which is unexpected. Feel like if I had the same books on eBay, priced the same, I would have at least received some offers by now. Smaller audience I know, but...still unexpected.

As a buyer, I avoid anything older than 2 days old

CLink never updates, and sellers rarely clean up old postings when the book sells in another venue.

Try bumping every so often with a new price.

5 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

As a buyer, I avoid anything older than 2 days old

CLink never updates, and sellers rarely clean up old postings when the book sells in another venue.

Try bumping every so often with a new price.

Thanks. Didn’t know you could search exchange by newly listed/updated? That will help with selling AND buying.

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

While I have the board’s attention, y’all like exchange when selling? I haven’t received any action yet, which is unexpected. Feel like if I had the same books on eBay, priced the same, I would have at least received some offers by now. Smaller audience I know, but...still unexpected.

I have sold comics on the exchange but it seems unless they are keys collectors are actively searching for they don't seem to draw much attention. You also have to factor in selling on the exchange means you pay shipping to get the comic to the buyer (via Comiclink). Selling on eBay means buyer pays shipping. Conversely, selling on the exchange does mean avoiding Paypal fees (Comiclink pays by check).

Having sold on both, my preference lately is to send books for auction to Comiclink and to send books for consignment to MyComicShop. I find that consigning there still gives me the exposure to eBay and allows me to avoid the Paypal fees (assuming you elect to be paid by check). I normally consign a minimum of 4 comics at a time to save on shipping. For consigning high-value books I also believe MCS has the lowest fees.

And, as far as Comiclink goes, Jason Crosby is also my go to guy. (thumbsu