• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Canada Sports Collectors & Collectibles Nov. 22-24, 2019 Langley Event Center, BC, Canada: 200,000 square feet
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Annual Western Canada Sports Collectors Convention (WCSCC) at Langley Event Center in Langley, British Columbia (BC), Canada has allocated 50 x 8' dealer's tables for Pop Culture along with 200 x 8' tables for sports cards and memorabilia. Friday November 22 to Sat. November 23, 2019 general admission is only $5. Sunday November 24, 2019 is Family Day so admission is FREE. 2,000 FREE parking spots are available next to the Event Center of which 200,000 square feet is allocated for this yearly convention. Chain restaurants and cafes about 1 block away.

Website to be updated next week but vendor info is at Bossa's Sportsfest in Langley, BC

Also, I am looking for someone to share at least 2 side by side 8' x 30 inch dealer's tables with. Each table comes with two (2) dealer's badges and is economical at $60 plus GST for the entire 2.5 day event (not per day). There is 4' of space behind the table so a vertical wall rack may be erected to display your comics, mags, photos, sports cards and memorabilia. Loading zone is flat through the gates to the ground level convention floor. The early bird deadline of October 1, 2019 for this reduced vendor rate is fast approaching so please pmail me ASAP, if you have an interest or hockey cards to sell there.

P0LCLoS.jpg

OK, found my selling partner. I will likely be sharing 3 x 8' dealer's tables with 'Phantom Eclipse Comics.'

fyi, collectors that live in the Vancouver, BC area: Ken Steacy (Marvel Fanfare, Spawn #1, 2 painter) and Johnnie Christmas (Image Comics artist) will be signing for FREE at the annual :cloud9: Word on the Street festival Sunday Sept. 29, 2019 at the perimeter of the Vancouver Public Library downtown.

7l2PQNo.jpg

bump * for @lou_fine as this Langley Sportsfest and Collectibles show for the Sunday Nov. 24, 2019 will offer 200,000 square feet of family fun with FREE admission, free parking, nearby fast food franchises, in-house White Spot burgers. Toy Traders warehouse has renewed their 5 tables of pop culture. Also, discount gas if u drive to east :nyah: side of Langley.

IOH19dz.jpg

Just noticed that admission for the Saturday of this Expo is FREE if one has a ticket to the local Vancouver Giants hockey game that begins at 7 p.m. This means the parking lot will be packed Sat. evening, as some of the vendors are staying for a VIP Skybox meal included as part of the Vendor package. Otherwise, general admission is $5 for Sat. with free parking at Langley Event Ctr.

Restocked some fun back issues:

GDyApXy.jpg

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Will see you on Sat as I don’t go for the game.  . 😁

OK see u Sat. fyi, most of the Vancouver Giants hockey team will be signing one item for FREE on Fri. btwn 6:30 pm to 7:30 p.m. with paid admission $5. Show closes at 8 p.m. Fri.:

On 11/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, Fan Boy said:

This is about 1/2 of the large hall during dealer set up Friday. Brighter lighting than PNE Forum con:

zdYW8Ks.jpg

I believe Jason was the main announcer doing interviews with Upper Deck Sportscards rep and controlling line up for hockey /sports guests.

Looks good to me.  So there is a Hulk #181 coverless? I would have to find nice cover to marriage together 😄 Well... I am sure I will find something that catch my eyes.  Will take a look with your 7-11 cups if I see any I want.  See you there soon 

15 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

So there is a Hulk #181 coverless? I would have to find nice cover to marriage together 😄   Will take a look with your 7-11 cups if I see any I want.

The coverless Hulk #181 is a bit strange in that it is missing the 2 staples plus has a coupon (perhaps the Marvel Value Stamp?) cut out.

Sunday should have a young crowd. Tim Horton's minor league 9_9 hockey players will be there plus it is FREE admission for all as it is their Family Day promo.

10 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

The coverless Hulk #181 is a bit strange in that it is missing the 2 staples plus has a coupon (perhaps the Marvel Value Stamp?) cut out.

Sunday should have a young crowd. Tim Horton's minor league 9_9 hockey players will be there plus it is FREE admission for all as it is their Family Day promo.

I had a look at this coverless Hulk #181 ... yes, it is what you said. With the Marvel Value stamp cut out, I don’t see myself forming out $400 the seller is asking. However, I did brought a nice copy at a very good price❤️ from him. The other booth across had some nice books on the boxes behind the table. The gentleman has (two) mid-grade 6.0 and mid high grade 7.0-7.5 Conan #1 books at $450? And at $595. I got a nice high grade Archie #112 in what looks like a 8.5 with white pages from him.

The show being largely sport collectibles oriented does yield few good hits,  yes ... bit strange to see good comic books in this show but then - hey- you never know what you will see if you didn’t go try browsing. I had my share in other strange odd shows, Auctions or whatever yard sales ... I do find nice books from these places like that. I loved the moments ❤️