• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen

7 posts in this topic

pronounced spine roll with wear all along the spine.  That rip in the front LLC, creasing along the bottom corners and discoloration on the back (esp at top)

Most of that Neal Adams front cover looks good though so I'd guess 3.5

There's a website devoted to covers depicting Superman being a ...well .. a little worse than 'jerk' 

Rofl. I'll have to look that website up. I got a few of the Lois Lane covers yesterday where he appeared to have a similar attitude. I never knew. I was never a big fan of his because I always thought he was too much of a goody two shoes, now I know better. :)

Thanks!

Superman played the role of Joseph Campbell's trickster in the JO stories-kind of helpful but mostly not and seemed to enjoy it when Jimmy ended up in a sad state.  In this book all superman had to do was tell jimmy to put a dime in the parking meter and he would win the million dollars.  there was no rule about that.  Instead he watched as the mil slipped thru Jimmy's fingers and even chuckled at the parking ticket.  I've had friends like that.

s-l400 (1).jpg