• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade my Marvel Spotlight #5

10 posts in this topic

You guys have good eyes. I was thinking it looked better than 7.5, maybe 8 or 8.5.

Then I did a blow-up and also a reverse image and the bottom right corner looked alot worse than I first thought. So I guess larry, moe, and curly all say 7.5. stooges.gif

I'm going with a 6.5-7.0.

However, I'm a bit concerned about the bottom edge. The fact that it doesn't fully cover the inner wraps usually indicates pulls on the staples, so that the cover has slipped up a millimetre or so. However, from the back it doesn't look like there has been any 'slippage' and the cover sits flush.

Any chance there might have been some 'manual intervention' with this book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah sure you can, remember though you could have 10 cgc 5.5's some will look a lot nicer than others! That bottom right corner looks like a bend through the whole book, and then the fact it's a black cover which scans tend to make it look a lot better than what they really are. Bottom satple looks loose, spine stresses, small creases along the edges, and thats what I can spot in a slightly blurred image, cgc 6.0! lol