• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xenozoic Tales

13 posts in this topic

I know the series ended at issue 14 and Kitchen Sink is no more. Does anyone know if Mark Schultz is ever going to go back and finish the story (I know its been years , but look at the gap between the Star Wars films). These had to be my all time favorite independents and were hard to find at the time. I am still trying to complete a high grade set. These books seem to hard to find in high grade (raw). especially issues 4-7. Does anyone have a clue as to the print run on these.

I love Schultz art! Loved this title!!!! cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I just checked the Std Catalog of Comic Books and unfortunately they don't list any print run info for XT. sorry.gif

On Free Comic Book Day there was an odd sized comic from some little publisher that had a Schultz cover. Grabbed it and was disappointed that the interior was by another artist... frown.gif

TLcover.jpg

"The full edition of “BONE SHARPS, COWBOYS, AND THUNDER LIZARDS”, a 160 page original graphic novel about the most famous feud in fossil history -- The Marsh & Cope War -- featuring a cover by Mark Schultz (Xenozoic Tales) will be out this Fall...but if you head to a comic book store for Free Comic Book Day on May 7, you'll be able to pick up the special preview!. "

Beautiful Book!!! It would be nice to have a quick cover appreciation thread . I need to get a new scanner and a digital camera. Damn divorce. At least I still have my COMICS.

Shultz is one of my favorite artists. I like how he can get real Frazetta-like with his style without plagerizing him.

Schulz (along with Wrightson, Dave Stevens, Brom, Mike Kaluta, Simon Bisley, etc. ) was also quoted in the Frazetta: Painting with Fire double dvd. Highly recommended.

I liked what I saw on this thread, so I stopped by my LCS today to see if they had any. I picked up issues 12 and 13 for cover price. Does anyone have extras of the rest of the series? Did Cadillacs and Dinosaurs come after these? Anyone remember the arcade game based on it?

xeno.jpg

I've got a spare #1 from Kitchen Sink, and I think both #1 and #2 from the Topps series. Maybe another spare ish around if I dig a little. If you haven't latched onto all the issues you need yet, PM me. I'm sure we can work something out where you take a dive in the CS grading contest to help me decide to part with these... devil.gif

Depending on the results of the contest, I expect to either get it for free or pay triple market value. 27_laughing.gif I will PM you after it's over, cause I am interested...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif triple market value... maybe I'll take the dive instead! 27_laughing.gif

My master plan is bearing fruit! devil.gif