• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Savage She Hulk #1 going to hang on to these levels?

43 posts in this topic

At 1672 copies in 9.8 and selling at about $400-$450 a copy, I suspect this can't last.  Anyone think there is more room for this book?  

Sometime in the early 90's I got a couple copies from a guy who had a stack of them at WonderCon in SF.  Essentially NM-MT...something like $10 or less. But that was a long time ago.  

Edited by Concorde

I'm still amazed at how high a lot of these fairly common comics have jumped in price all due to movies and tv/Netflix shows. Comics like She-Huk 1, ASM 361 and lots more that just 5-10 years ago you could find probably 10-20 copies at any time in every comic shop at $5-10 each. These books are not rare, there are lots available in every grade. I just think that in the next 5 years there is going to be a massive crash in price for all these books and they will go back to the old prices. I think the big keys like Hulk 181, ASM 129 and some of the others will hold but all of these others won't keep value.

3 hours ago, kidcolt said:

I'm still amazed at how high a lot of these fairly common comics have jumped in price all due to movies and tv/Netflix shows. Comics like She-Huk 1, ASM 361 and lots more that just 5-10 years ago you could find probably 10-20 copies at any time in every comic shop at $5-10 each. These books are not rare, there are lots available in every grade. I just think that in the next 5 years there is going to be a massive crash in price for all these books and they will go back to the old prices. I think the big keys like Hulk 181, ASM 129 and some of the others will hold but all of these others won't keep value.

ASM 361 has not been $5-10 for a long time. I pulled out the She Hulk 1's that I had from a while ago and the price tag was about $10 back then. But I was not finding short boxes of them at that price.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:51 AM, joeypost said:

To some these books may be their Hulk 181 and ASM 129. 

pretty confident that she-hulk will never attain the coolness factor of a wolverine or punisher. there are a great many female heroes who seem to have broader potential appeal than she-hulk. pretty much all of them actually. plus we already have a cool tough green lady called Gamora. 

21 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

pretty confident that she-hulk will never attain the coolness factor of a wolverine or punisher. there are a great many female heroes who seem to have broader potential appeal than she-hulk. pretty much all of them actually. plus we already have a cool tough green lady called Gamora. 

I wasn't referring to popularity. I was focused on price point, but if done properly She-Hulk could be a great show. 

33 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

I would respectfully disagree.  She-Hulk is attached to the Hulk who has a big following and she is her own main character where Gamora is attached to the GOTG.  She-Hulk has already been green lit as far as I am aware for a Disney show which will give her more individual exposure.  I'm not sure there are "a great many female heroes" who would have a broader potential appeal but I guess time will tell. 2c

On 9/28/2019 at 3:56 PM, Concorde said:

At 1672 copies in 9.8 and selling at about $400-$450 a copy, I suspect this can't last.  Anyone think there is more room for this book?  

Of course there is as I see absolutely no big problems for this book to hit 2,000 copies in CGC 9.8 grade and keep climbing even higher if there's continuing talk of a movie for this 3rd tier character.  :devil:

Edited by lou_fine

I love how this thread that was dead just rose up like the undertaker. 

I sold all my copies already. Tons of these out there. Dont see it going any higher unless they get some popular actress to play here. Dont know if they cast yet or not. Sell quick because market will be flooded. I been wrong plenty of times though. Every time I sold a af15 or hulk 181 it ended up going higher. Would rather sell too early then too late but missed out on a lot of $ on those 2. 

What amazes me is: A cw show increased value a lot. Netflix even more so. But a disney plus tv show might as well be a movie it seems to me. 

On 9/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, Concorde said:

A little over a year later, I think we’ve got an answer. You can’t find these on eBay or even My Comic Shop for less than $600 now, and a search of completed auctions shows that plenty are selling at that price point.

13 hours ago, Off Panel said:

A little over a year later, I think we’ve got an answer. You can’t find these on eBay or even My Comic Shop for less than $600 now, and a search of completed auctions shows that plenty are selling at that price point.

I realize this is already a 40 year old book, and in my heyday of collecting comics (late 80's-mid 90's), it was always 25 cents to a dollar.

But times change, and long boxes of this book have been dispersed into the masses, along with other characters/titles from this era who now command prices in excess of $500 for a CGC 9.8 copy of thier first appearance.  

I would also caution those who pigeonhole this character as being only associated with the Hulk. 

She Hulk is one of those characters who's appearances in the Marvel Universe includes membership in the Fantastic Four, Avengers, Heroes for Hire, The Defenders, and SHIELD so when you think about all of the possibilities that exist for this character in the Marvel (Disney) TV or Cinematic Universe, well, let's just say you have a lot more choices than with just about any other character.

$600 for her 1st appearance?  Still a bargain, IMHO (thumbsu  

5 minutes ago, Delphi22 said:

lol

I feel sorry for anyone who pays this. It'll have to be a Noob, because any veteran who wanted a copy got one cheap a long time ago. This book was. garbage for so long I'm surprised there are so many in 9.8

Polish that turd!

and yet, Eternals 1 goes for more...a far bigger turd than the potential of She-Hulk 1