• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Savage She Hulk #1 going to hang on to these levels?

43 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Delphi22 said:

lol

I feel sorry for anyone who pays this. It'll have to be a Noob, because any veteran who wanted a copy got one cheap a long time ago. This book was. garbage for so long I'm surprised there are so many in 9.8

Polish that turd!

A little harsh for your 5th post Delph, don't you think?

And her having an emotional outburst won't be much different then mo...Umm in all seriousness does she get bigger like the Hulk? Cus I think that would be pretty cool....but yeah she is a third tier character as previously mentioned. But so is

Deadpool

Carnage 

Spiderweb

Cable

All valuable first appearances 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

pretty confident that she-hulk will never attain the coolness factor of a wolverine or punisher. there are a great many female heroes who seem to have broader potential appeal than she-hulk. pretty much all of them actually. plus we already have a cool tough green lady called Gamora. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

And her having an emotional outburst won't be much different then mo...Umm in all seriousness does she get bigger like the Hulk? Cus I think that would be pretty cool....but yeah she is a third tier character as previously mentioned. But so is

Deadpool

Carnage 

Spiderweb

Cable

disagree in that deadpool, cable and carnage are super dark and cool looking, and appealed to a large chunk of boys who grew up reading comics. she-hulk on the other hand was simply taking an existing character who doesnt even have a cool costume and making a lady version. no one cared in the 80s. and now there are far more compelling female heroes in comics and film. she-hulk seems unlikely to grab the kids in the way that harley and spidergwen have. 

On 12/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

disagree in that deadpool, cable and carnage are super dark and cool looking, and appealed to a large chunk of boys who grew up reading comics. she-hulk on the other hand was simply taking an existing character who doesnt even have a cool costume and making a lady version. no one cared in the 80s. and now there are far more compelling female heroes in comics and film. she-hulk seems unlikely to grab the kids in the way that harley and spidergwen have. 

People may be underestimating a She-Hulk show. Wasn't she the original "break the 4th wall" character (before Deadpool) in her Sensational She-Hulk series by Byrne. If the Disney series plays off that, it could find a market with the new collector crowd that like that (stuff) .

Edited by boomtown

On 10/3/2019 at 4:10 AM, kidcolt said:

I'm still amazed at how high a lot of these fairly common comics have jumped in price all due to movies and tv/Netflix shows. Comics like She-Huk 1, ASM 361 and lots more that just 5-10 years ago you could find probably 10-20 copies at any time in every comic shop at $5-10 each. These books are not rare, there are lots available in every grade. I just think that in the next 5 years there is going to be a massive crash in price for all these books and they will go back to the old prices. I think the big keys like Hulk 181, ASM 129 and some of the others will hold but all of these others won't keep value.

People put too much emphasis on how rare a comic is. Time and again books like ASM 300, ASM 361, NM 98, etc... have proved demand can outweigh whatever mass supply there may be. We’re a pretty big group out there, us comic book people. Just because there’s thousands or tens of thousands of a book graded and even all the raw copies out there on top of that, doesn’t mean we won’t have the buyers for them. If there’s renewed interest in a character due to Hollywood glorification, that’s all it takes.

if they make a really funny, exciting, clever show, i'm sure the character will gain traction with fans, and the value of the book won't plummet. the idea that a super popular show might cause this almost 40 year old book to become the next hulk 181 is ridiculous. and if the show flops, values will drop significantly. as we all know, books increase in value AHEAD of a release or an anticipated release. afterwards, they either hold their ground or they don't. 

On 12/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

Deadpool

Carnage 

Spiderweb

Cable

Deadpool may have been 3rd tier at one point, but I'd say generating over $1.4 billion in box office headlining two solo flicks should at least merit a bump to the 2.5 tier range

Edited by Legion of Goom

Considering the current social climate I think this book has some real potential. Since it is selling for $600-$700 in 9.8 I think it has a long way to go to reach New Mutants 98 levels. And if we look at Female keys we can compare with NYX 3 and EOSV 002. I don't pay a lot of attention to Captain Marvel or BA 12, but I think the book will only increase in value based on the success of the television series.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:11 AM, MAR1979 said:

Economics 101 Supply and Demand.  Given the vast graded supply when demand dips or drops the going rate will follow :)  

Luckily got mine for $5 'round turn of the century.

Same here...haven't bothered to dig it out and send it in.  I think the guy I bought from had a stack of ~50 pristine copies back in the day!  but...that was 25 years ago probably.  

8 hours ago, Pantodude said:
9 hours ago, joeypost said:

Rocky Mountain Pedigree 9.8 closed at $1,300 on clink. 

Actually still has almost three hours to go?   But it is currently at 1300.  

Well, looks like it ended up at $1,900 with a few bids in the last minute which jumped it from $1,300 right up to its eventual $1,900 finish.  :gossip:   (thumbsu