• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History making Hitler checklist
7 7

314 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Ok I know this isn’t an exact fit for the thread, but hopefully you all are in a forgiving mood. I was just rereading a book my dad put together chronicling his experience in WW II and came across a napkin he had saved since 1943. This was a going away party given in his honor. Well, things never go quite the way you plan them, and he ended up a POW after having been captured in the Battle of the Bulge. Anyway, the propaganda here in the states wasn’t limited to the covers of funny books

F28ADE7D-D219-4B09-9488-1CB7DE71FD58.jpeg

I'd say that that napkin definitely falls into the category of "ephemera."

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 2/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Ok I know this isn’t an exact fit for the thread, but hopefully you all are in a forgiving mood. I was just rereading a book my dad put together chronicling his experience in WW II and came across a napkin he had saved since 1943. This was a going away party given in his honor. Well, things never go quite the way you plan them, and he ended up a POW after having been captured in the Battle of the Bulge. Anyway, the propaganda here in the states wasn’t limited to the covers of funny books

That is cool. That would probably be considered in “poor taste” by some today. But very patriotic during the war. Awsome that your dad wrote down his experiences. The Battle of the bulge was brutal. And to become a POW. Glad he made it home safely. (worship)

On 2/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

"Hold 'em by the nose and kick 'em in the axx" as Patton is supposed to have said.  Very cool item.