• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerber Scarcity Request

7 posts in this topic

Was flipping through a few of my books my brain reminded me that More Fun Comics #70 was a Gerber 6 in scarcity, and with that memory I realized that was the ONLY book of mine that I actually knew the gerber number for (and only because of an ebay listings title). I tried to find a few others online, but it seems the main resources that had numbers online doesn't exist anymore.

While I shall take the plunge and buy a copy of the Gerber Photo-Journal Guide at the next con I can hit up, I was hoping someone here could satisfy my curiosity right now about a few issues I have.

• Chamber of Chills #23
  • The Thing #15
  • World's of Fear #3
  • More Fun Comics #61
  • Adventure Comics #60
  • Adventure Comics #79
  • Unknown World #1

The rest of my collection i'll save as a surprise for when I pick up a copy of the book :)

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

Was flipping through a few of my books my brain reminded me that More Fun Comics #70 was a Gerber 6 in scarcity, and with that memory I realized that was the ONLY book of mine that I actually knew the gerber number for (and only because of an ebay listings title). I tried to find a few others online, but it seems the main resources that had numbers online doesn't exist anymore.

While I shall take the plunge and buy a copy of the Gerber Photo-Journal Guide at the next con I can hit up, I was hoping someone here could satisfy my curiosity right now about a few issues I have.

• Chamber of Chills #23
  • The Thing #15
  • World's of Fear #3
  • More Fun Comics #61
  • Adventure Comics #60
  • Adventure Comics #79
  • Unknown World #1

The rest of my collection i'll save as a surprise for when I pick up a copy of the book :)

• Chamber of Chills #23 (3)
  • The Thing #15 (5)
  • World's of Fear #3 (4)
  • More Fun Comics #61 (6)
  • Adventure Comics #60 (6)
  • Adventure Comics #79 (5)
  • Unknown Worlds #1 (4)

11 hours ago, Northwest said:
  • Chamber of Chills #23 (3)
  • The Thing #15 (5)
  • World's of Fear #3 (4)
  • More Fun Comics #61 (6)
  • Adventure Comics #60 (6)
  • Adventure Comics #79 (5)
  • Unknown Worlds #1 (4)

Thank you so much! I'm actually surprised as out of all those issues, I thought the World's of Fear was going to be higher, as I constantly hear about it being rare/scarce. Chamber of Chills makes sense, as I assume the only reason we don't see it much for sale is that everyone who has one wants to keep it forever and so they are all locked away in collections. 

Edited by Sauce Dog

10 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

The 3, 4s, and 5s are extremely common and you should sell your copies to me for $5 each...:sumo:  :baiting:

Tell you what i'll trade them all for a single comic that has a combined Gerber rating of all those....so...12? But i'll give you a deal....i'll do it for a Gerber 11 ;) 

3 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Thank you so much! I'm actually surprised as out of all those issues, I thought the World's of Fear was going to be higher, as I constantly hear about it being rare/scarce. Chamber of Chills makes sense, as I assume the only reason we don't see it much for sale is that everyone who has one wants to keep it forever and so they are all locked away in collections. 

The thought was issue two was the tough one, but I agree three is not easy to find either.

worlds of fear2 001.jpg

7 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Tell you what i'll trade them all for a single comic that has a combined Gerber rating of all those....so...12? But i'll give you a deal....i'll do it for a Gerber 11 ;) 

I think I might have an 11...now where did I put that " D*ck and Jane go to Harlem to Buy Drugs" comic...?

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian