• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pretty beat Amazing Fantasy 15.
1 1

32 posts in this topic

How good is the centerfold ? Have you done a page count to make sure it is all there. Can see the small piece missing bottom right corner on interior page. How many pages does that go through? Does it affect the story?          (although appears low enough not to)   these are more issues that may detract from overall grade but I too would say about 1.0 . If it's all there and that's the only corner maybe 1.5 but missing anything else would be 0.5 and probably noted as incomplete. 

i would be at a 1.0 maybe maybe 1.5, but theres some staining on the inside cover and chunk missing on splash page so more leaning towards 1.0 but maybe get lucky.

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

How good is the centerfold ? Have you done a page count to make sure it is all there. Can see the small piece missing bottom right corner on interior page. How many pages does that go through? Does it affect the story?          (although appears low enough not to)   these are more issues that may detract from overall grade but I too would say about 1.0 . If it's all there and that's the only corner maybe 1.5 but missing anything else would be 0.5 and probably noted as incomplete. 

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts on this book's grade!  To answer these questions, all pages are present and it's just the corner of the first page the has the little shark bite taken out of it.  Story should be complete.  I've included a picture of the centerfold...not a beauty queen, but it's present.

AF15d.jpg

12 minutes ago, DougthePug said:

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts on this book's grade!  To answer these questions, all pages are present and it's just the corner of the first page the has the little shark bite taken out of it.  Story should be complete.  I've included a picture of the centerfold...not a beauty queen, but it's present.

AF15d.jpg

Man that still is a beauty.. awesome that it is complete . As someone else mentioned maybe professionally cleaned to 1.5 , but a lot of risk for what looks like a wonderful 1.0!

16 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Have the covers dipped into a chemical wash by a pro to reduce the tape staining, cleaned and pressed into a 1.5, as long as all pages there.

Chemical wash... isn't that considered restoration?

Anyhoo... love the book... I'll say a 1.0 with fingers crossed! :)

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Chemical wash... isn't that considered restoration.  I'll say a 1.0 with fingers crossed! :)

A professional PH neutral chemical wash will lift soot and reduce staining of your covers. Should still be able to get u a blue label CGC. Restoration is pieces added, trimming, color touch.