• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sea Devils. Russ Heath Greytone Appreciation Thread

13 posts in this topic

Certainly, Heath's work on the Sea devils books is awesome, just so intricately composed and detailed, and beautiful.  I admire them a great deal, and own several myself.  :)

There are War books of his, which, to me, transcend even his Sea Devils work to a quality which I consider sublime.

19 hours ago, MusterMark said:

Certainly, Heath's work on the Sea devils books is awesome, just so intricately composed and detailed, and beautiful.  I admire them a great deal, and own several myself.  :)

There are War books of his, which, to me, transcend even his Sea Devils work to a quality which I consider sublime.

Exactly what I think. Composition and detail. Also color and those greytones...:x  Plus he did most of the interior art as well. A real bargain I think. 

I am a little confused about some covers that might be washtones...and I know this is a sea devils thread, but I'll ask the question here anyway...Are these 2 books considered washtones?  I just saw the washtone thread, so I posted these plus another in that one too...

22227264585_ff2dc08e91_c.jpg

21991268812_5b57ffbd98_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

16 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I am a little confused about some covers that might be washtones...and I know this is a sea devils thread, but I'll ask the question here anyway...Are these 2 books considered washtones?  I just saw the washtone thread, so I posted these plus another in that one too...

22227264585_ff2dc08e91_c.jpg

21991268812_5b57ffbd98_c.jpg

WWT is whole HOM isn’t.