• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 story pages missing
1 1

32 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, silversufer27 said:

Hey I have I question if a comic I own has 1 story page missing and another 1 loose what grade would it get green label if it looks like a 2.0 comic.?

I believe if you submit this without requesting a green label, it will come back a blue label NG INCOMPLETE

As far as a green label book that looks 2.0, it would seem reasonable to assume it would get a 2.0 grade

It may also depend on what era the book is from. Golden Age books are usually treated a little better than more modern books. Unless it was a major key, I probably wouldn't bother submitting a low grade Silver Age or newer book that was incomplete, especially with a story page missing...  hm

9 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

It may also depend on what era the book is from. Golden Age books are usually treated a little better than more modern books. Unless it was a major key, I probably wouldn't bother submitting a low grade Silver Age or newer book that was incomplete, especially with a story page missing...  hm

It’s ff 48 which I think is a major key it’s missing page 1 and 2 is loose I know if I get blue label it will be a .5 but how does green label work for story pages?

1 hour ago, silversufer27 said:

It’s ff 48 which I think is a major key it’s missing page 1 and 2 is loose I know if I get blue label it will be a .5 but how does green label work for story pages?

If you get a blue label it will come back NG - not 0.5.

1 hour ago, silversufer27 said:

There are usually two scenarios: In the first scenario, the book is nice enough to be deemed Qualified, and the label notation would say something like this: 1st page missing, second page detached, affects story. INCOMPLETE. In the second scenario, the Universal label says the same thing, but the grade designation is assigned accordingly. The key difference depends upon the overall condition of the rest of the book, but either way, the label will designate that the book is incomplete and the missing page affects the story. And unfortunately, the word "incomplete" will always be prominently displayed on the label...  

Edited by The Lions Den

16 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

There are usually two scenarios: In the first scenario, the book is nice enough to be deemed Qualified, and the label notation would say something like this: 1st page missing, second page detached, affects story. INCOMPLETE. In the second scenario, the Universal label says the same thing, but the grade designation is assigned accordingly. The key difference depends upon the overall condition of the rest of the book, but either way, the label will designate that the book is incomplete and the missing page affects the story. And unfortunately, the word "incomplete" will always be prominently displayed on the label...  

If it's a blue label book, will it come back .5 or NG?

9 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I've seen it go both ways...

That's what she said...

I firmly think that it'd be NG. It makes sense that pieces, and not whole pages, missing would garner a 0.5 grade. It makes sense that full pages/covers missing would grant an NG.

Then again, this is predicated on making sense.

9 minutes ago, the blob said:

For real, you can get a green label with missing story pages? At what point can you just submit the cover?

I'm not an expert on Qualified labels (or anything, really), so I typically just make assumptions that they'll encapsulate just about anything in Green if asked for. I agree with your sentiment.

16 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Agreed. I have sold quite a few GA books missing a wrap and am amazed at what % of "good" (OPG) some folks were paying and these were not rare or key books. post 1945 GA captain marvels, batman, action, etc,

2 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

Alright thanks guys I’m gonna go with the green label cause I don’t want to sell it but I don’t want to see a no grade I would take a .5 tho and I don’t mind it saying incomplete 

I hope it works out for you...  :foryou: