• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary inker DAN GREEN at NYCC 2019

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NelsonAI said:

Dan was picked clean by Friday.  Lol.  There was a Simonson X- Factor page with Scott Summers priced at $550.  Not for me but maybe a hardcore Simonson fan looking for any page perhaps?

If it’s the one with Scott and Jean, I was told he turned down an offer of $2K for it

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

If it’s the one with Scott and Jean, I was told he turned down an offer of $2K for it

Was this the one in the “keep” mailer? I saw someone try to mix it back into gen pop. I was digging that page too. 4 times I went to the table he wasn’t there. D’oh!

The page I saw had $550 price on back.  Dan was not there but someone was monitoring the pile and probably would have sold the page for $550.

Jean may have been on the page with Scott.  They were visiting a log cabin.

The page was in the pile.  It's been awhile since I read the issues but it may be Scott and Jean visiting Rusty's house?

Yoram, buddy, are you in NY?

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

13 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Dan was picked clean by Friday.  Lol.  There was a Simonson X- Factor page with Scott Summers priced at $550.  Not for me but maybe a hardcore Simonson fan looking for any page perhaps?

Ugh, so I guess that means we'll see half of it up at Anthony's in a month?

10 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

The page I saw had $550 price on back.  Dan was not there but someone was monitoring the pile and probably would have sold the page for $550.

Jean may have been on the page with Scott.  They were visiting a log cabin.

The page was in the pile.  It's been awhile since I read the issues but it may be Scott and Jean visiting Rusty's house?

Yoram, buddy, are you in NY?

Wish I was, but I'm just living vicariously through others this weekend.

Dan brought a lot more art on Saturday that he didn’t have on Thursday.  Ankur , I’ll saw that page on Thursday but not Saturday He had some of his art in a box on the floor. The doctor strange pages were in the box on the floor on Saturday  He wasn’t around to ask if he was keeping those pages or is they sold. I’ll swing by Spencer’s table and look for  the x-factor page. 

I reached out to Dan 6-9 months ago to buy some art, and the responses were borderline incoherent. Needless to say, I didnt get far at all.

Does anyone have a general synopsis of what titles Dan had left?

Also, I have gotten a few pics of a page or two from friends from the show... at ludicrous prices. 2100 each for ho hum dr strange pages. So when people say picked clean, what was selling? I can understand xmen and simonson... but any other insight would be great. Thanks!!

28 minutes ago, PGEAR12 said:

I reached out to Dan 6-9 months ago to buy some art, and the responses were borderline incoherent. Needless to say, I didnt get far at all.

Does anyone have a general synopsis of what titles Dan had left?

Also, I have gotten a few pics of a page or two from friends from the show... at ludicrous prices. 2100 each for ho hum dr strange pages. So when people say picked clean, what was selling? I can understand xmen and simonson... but any other insight would be great. Thanks!!

I got an Adam Kubert Page he said he had more.. Other Uncanny pages sold (219) People said he had SIlvestri pages I did not see.. the aforementioned Simonson pages I did not see.. the DR Strange pages you mentioned were WAY over priced but he penciled them so I think that may be why. I saw some Brandon Peterson X-men pages. A whole pile of cheap DC pages I was not familiar with.. I was there Friday.

16 minutes ago, Bird said:

are the dr strange pages painted? (into shamballa)  

NO- it is his pencils and austin inks.. not sure what issues but I would guess 80s because I inquired about a page with the avengers on it and it looked like a team from pre issue 300 (cap scarlet witch the other capt marvel etc).. he had a stack of them though

So Dan makes sporadic appearances at NYCC, I believe he’s there once every 5 years or so.

at his 1st NYCC, over a decade ago, he had some decent king Kull pages that he inked over John Buscema and I was interested in a few.  They were priced on the back in pencil for $250-$300 each, which was a bit high at the time.  I was hoping he might give a bit of a discount for multiple pages, but when I asked, he said they were $2000.  Per.  Page.

i wonder if the fellas who bought the X-Men 219 pages had a similar experience?

10 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

So Dan makes sporadic appearances at NYCC, I believe he’s there once every 5 years or so.

at his 1st NYCC, over a decade ago, he had some decent king Kull pages that he inked over John Buscema and I was interested in a few.  They were priced on the back in pencil for $250-$300 each, which was a bit high at the time.  I was hoping he might give a bit of a discount for multiple pages, but when I asked, he said they were $2000.  Per.  Page.

I think the prices in pencil on the back of the pages have been there for decades so they are inconsequential .. mine had one and it was not what he asked for

10 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I generally don’t love talking about prices, but my experience with Dan Thursday was easy and fair. The New Mutants page was quoted at $600 and the X-men 219 page I bought was $750 - both I felt in line with market. So I said I’d take them both and gave him cash. 

6 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

I generally don’t love talking about prices, but my experience with Dan Thursday was easy and fair. The New Mutants page was quoted at $600 and the X-men 219 page I bought was $750 - both I felt in line with market. So I said I’d take them both and gave him cash. 

Do they have pencil prices on the back? What New mutant page??