• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary inker DAN GREEN at NYCC 2019

48 posts in this topic

I had a pretty nice interaction with Dan Green, but waited till he had a few beers in him, lol. We talked about some of the stuff he had, to purchase ,especially a beautiful Jeff Jones portfolio , but he didn’t want to sell it as his wife was Jeff Jones model. There was one page I could not leave without and he was pretty fair with the price, Green Lantern # 60, with art by Gil Kane, a favorite of mine. On Sunday late he was really willing to negotiate , on a side note he huge Bernie Wrightson coloring book autographed to him by Bernie, beautiful art inside, but not well taken care of. Will post pic of page later.

3 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

I had a pretty nice interaction with Dan Green, but waited till he had a few beers in him, lol. We talked about some of the stuff he had, to purchase ,especially a beautiful Jeff Jones portfolio , but he didn’t want to sell it as his wife was Jeff Jones model. There was one page I could not leave without and he was pretty fair with the price, Green Lantern # 60, with art by Gil Kane, a favorite of mine. On Sunday late he was really willing to negotiate , on a side note he huge Bernie Wrightson coloring book autographed to him by Bernie, beautiful art inside, but not well taken care of. Will post pic of page later.

Here is a few pics of the page I purchased

0724A043-E2E5-41AC-8604-37790837FA1D.jpeg

7EB79BC2-5A8B-4233-A367-1345BEC44A11.jpeg

7E3E1ABB-ACED-41AD-BC3D-4AC523087723.jpeg

EE7A038C-506F-4C9F-AC81-9A2F1600443B.jpeg

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Oh interesting, so Dan's stash was more than just art he worked on? You see that, but not very often.

He mentioned that he acquired are thru many different sources, there was a poster shop back in the day in San Francisco that he picked up a lot of art from. DC threw away pages as well as Marvel, and he scooped them up. I watched him when he gave prices, it was comical, it's like looked he looked into your eyes and probably your wallet and came up with a price, no rhyme or reason.

22 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

He mentioned that he acquired are thru many different sources, there was a poster shop back in the day in San Francisco that he picked up a lot of art from. DC threw away pages as well as Marvel, and he scooped them up. I watched him when he gave prices, it was comical, it's like looked he looked into your eyes and probably your wallet and came up with a price, no rhyme or reason.

Ha good to know. I will start practicing my Oliver Twist gaze so I am ready for him.

It looks like Dan brought more art to the show since Friday.

I'm glad that he was able to make some sales at the prices he wanted.  Better he get full value for the art than the vultures swooping from above.  From all accounts, his pricing while seemingly random, were in line with the market.

8 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

It looks like Dan brought more art to the show since Friday.

I'm glad that he was able to make some sales at the prices he wanted.  Better he get full value for the art than the vultures swooping from above.  From all accounts, his pricing while seemingly random, were in line with the market.

Spencer helped him a little, but seemed like he didn’t want to get involved unless necessary .