• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! One GA + a small pile of early Brave & the Bolds Kubert/Heath/Greytones Oh My! Plus Freebees!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Just a small quick one this time. A few cool books I just picked up recently. Most are early Brave and the Bold. Great stuff I rarely see. The art is excellent in these with Kubert and Heath at the top of their games. A couple nice greytones in the mix. Check 'em out...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Paypal, checks and money orders are all acceptable forms of payment

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

OK, the lone GA this time...

Your United States (only issue) 1946 Lloyd Jacquet Studios

Fun book with an entire page devoted to each state kind of like Ripley's Believe it or Not. The good doctor Wertham had some fun with this one and it is mentioned in detail on pages 309-310 of Seduction of the Innocent. Offending panels shown below but he missed so much more...

A nice, flat, tight, complete copy. Has a light lower right corner crease. Also a small light white substance across the girl's body in middle left. Tiny tear at top, right edge. Cover and centerfold bound tight to covers. Supple interior paper with no damage.

$45.

yourunitedstates1.jpg

yourunitedstates2.jpg

yourunitedstates3.jpg

yourunitedstates4.jpg

yourunitedstates5.jpg

yourunitedstates6.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, the rest will be early Brave & the Bold. A nice group. Overall condition is in the VGish range + or minus. All are solid copies with bright color, supple and complete with book and centerfolds bound tight to covers. I will just list anything not shown or I think I needs to be pointed out.

Brave and the Bold #12 July 1957

Kubert and Heath art

Tiny tear at top of spine. Neat 1/2" spine split at bottom. A few light wrinkles on back cover.

$50.

brave&bold12a.jpg

brave&bold12b.jpg

SOLD!

Brave and the Bold #20 Nov 1958

Kubert art   Nice Greytone cover

A few tiny wrinkles, creases on right corner edges. Tiny, light waterstain on upper back cover and a long, thin, light crease. Tight copy.

$55.

brave&bold20a.jpg

brave&bold20b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

Brave and the Bold #22 March 1959

Kubert and Heath art  Nice, GGA greytone cover.

Upper right corner has a light crease. Bottom right corner has a couple tiny creases. Very light edge wear.

$75.

brave&bold22a.jpg

brave&bold22b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

OK the masses have not spoken...:roflmao:

Will 10% off sell any of these?

Freebees still FREE!   :devil:

I think they are pretty nifty Robot,just not my bag.Some swell covers!

(fairly uncommon too,no?)

(letting you know someone's looking at least bump)

Great fellow,seller here folks,shop with utmost confidence.

Edited by porcupine48