• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A very special piece of art

9 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, grapeape said:

Lost my brother Chris 13 years, 30 days and 21 hours ago. Comics were part of our lives and we spent many hours reading together.

it makes me happy you got hold of the important cover. God bless you and your brother. 

Cheers 

October 5 will make 13 years and five months.

We were supposed to go together to Free Comic Book Day in Pikeville, Ky., and they found him dead the day before.

The last time I saw him was the Wednesday before he died and, in an unexpected show of affection, he hugged me and said so softly “I love you, brother.” I pushed him away and laughed and said “What are you doing? I’m going to see you Saturday.” Those were the last words we said to each other.

12 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

October 5 will make 13 years and five months.

We were supposed to go together to Free Comic Book Day in Pikeville, Ky., and they found him dead the day before.

The last time I saw him was the Wednesday before he died and, in an unexpected show of affection, he hugged me and said so softly “I love you, brother.” I pushed him away and laughed and said “What are you doing? I’m going to see you Saturday.” Those were the last words we said to each other.

That’s amazing you have that special moment to reflect on. No matter what you guys loved each other. Never forget that.....