• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for Werewolf By Night Fans...
2 2

20 posts in this topic

The original Marvel Giant Size titles had two other such name changes:

1.  Giant Size Chillers (Featuring The Curse Of Dracula) #1 became Giant Size Dracula with #2 (to make things slightly more confusing, there was then a second Giant Size Chillers title which started with #1).

2.  Giant Size Super-Stars #1 (Featuring Fantastic Four) became Giant Size Fantastic Four with #2.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:39 PM, Cosmic Shel said:

Here it is:

1761742457_Giant-SizeCreatures1-ANMSJF.thumb.jpg.83e92877e37b0460b5470cd5a1dddc0d.jpg 

DAMN That's a nice copy! Funny enough I was just wondering the same thing yesterday. Went to a local show and bought a few more issues, including Giant-Size Werewolf by Night 2. I also picked up WBN #23, 34 and 43. I actually think Werewolf by Night is a gem that will eventually become much, much more popular. Perhaps I'm wrong, though.

20 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

I remember like yesterday, my brothers and I buying that book off th stands for our older brother, who collected comics.  Love that book with the sexy Tigra.  

Thats a good topic to start. What was the first book you remember having/ buying.

Mine was Godzilla #20

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 10/7/2019 at 4:05 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Thats a good topic to start. What was the first book you remember having/ buying.

Mine was Godzilla #20

That's a great question Xeno!!!  There are 3 books that I remember reading the heck out of, and still have the tattered originals from 1974, late 3rd grade.  Dead of Night #4 from 6/74, Astonishing Tales #24 from 6/74, and then the one i loved the most, and could have sworn was my first comic book I bought was, Werewolf by Night #20, but it's from 8/74, so my 8 1/2 year old memory must be off a bit, lol.  ;)

I do know for a fact, that the first Hulk, which became my favorite character to collect, was #181 which my dad got at a U-Totem store for me.  That one lost it's value stamp.....somehow  ;), and is long gone, but I still have a nicer copy, thank God!!  

Dead of Night 4 NM- SJF.jpg

Astonishing Tales 24 NM+ SJF.jpg

Werewolf By Night 20 NM+ SJF.jpg

On 10/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Mine was Godzilla #20

I had some books from my older brother like asm 127 and an aquaman giant with black manta, but the one that hooked me was a coverless hom261 an uncle gave me. I started to pay more attention, and asked relatives for comics, but all I got was Star Wars and eternals, Star Wars was ok, but man I hated eternals lol

Marvel had announced plans for a  .35 cent  line, and an additional , separate  line of hundred page books that would sell for sixty cents. There was a national paper shortage at the time and that was the reason given  why the two lines were merged and came out as fifty cent 68 page books.