• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Sienkiewizc New mutants war children- anyone get a piece?
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Person, I believe. I was first in line (hoping to buy a piece) waiting for Bill to get there so him and Sal could talk prices. Pretty much right after Bill arrived, a guy showed up and went off to talk to Sal. Next thing, the entire book was sold. :cry:

The pages were gorgeous, too. I’m assuming the ones he has on the wall will stay up through the con, so you should at least get to see a few of them. 

7 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

Person, I believe. I was first in line (hoping to buy a piece) waiting for Bill to get there so him and Sal could talk prices. Pretty much right after Bill arrived, a guy showed up and went off to talk to Sal. Next thing, the entire book was sold. :cry:

The pages were gorgeous, too. I’m assuming the ones he has on the wall will stay up through the con, so you should at least get to see a few of them. 

Oh man that is terrible for you... I would be so disappointed.. sorry 

Just now, Unstoppablejayd said:

Oh man that is terrible for you... I would be so disappointed.. sorry 

I’ll survive. The more expensive art I go for, the more I have to expect somebody will be a bigger BSD. Lol

hopefully I’ll have some good alternates to show for the trip out. But yeah, the black and white work I feel is even better than the published stuff. Hopefully whoever bought it will share on CAF or whatnot so everybody can check it out. 

16BA17D7-2178-4B82-AE05-AA934D65A0CF.jpeg

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

We must have seen each other at the booth. I didn’t hang around waiting for Bill though, I figured I’d come back in an hour - the book is so beautiful I would have been happy with any page - I definitely didn’t figure for selling complete. I think my jaw was on the floor when Sal told me. It was my first stop at NYCC and I was pretty gutted. 

25 minutes ago, dichotomy said:

We must have seen each other at the booth. I didn’t hang around waiting for Bill though, I figured I’d come back in an hour - the book is so beautiful I would have been happy with any page - I definitely didn’t figure for selling complete. I think my jaw was on the floor when Sal told me. It was my first stop at NYCC and I was pretty gutted. 

Probably did. I was wearing a bright orange ball cap. 

Yeah, Bill had a few other pages he pulled out to show us that were gorgeous. I really hope the buyer shares with the world at some point. It’d be a shame for that beautiful art to go in a black hole. 

2 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Bill posted the b+w scans on the internet a few days before the show so you can see the entire issue and cover without any word balloons.

I feel for the guys waiting on line.  Unfortunately, his art, his rules.

Exactly what I told Sal. Really can’t argue with someone buying complete - and next time I’ll know what to do (mortgage house, buy OA). 

3 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Bill posted the b+w scans on the internet a few days before the show so you can see the entire issue and cover without any word balloons.

I feel for the guys waiting on line.  Unfortunately, his art, his rules.

I ended up lucking out and purchasing the prelims for the book. I’m probably happier than if I had gotten a page or two. It’s gonna take me a while to get them all scanned in. There’s a lot. 

I think when I went by Thursday morning there were a few hanging on the wall still that were framed, I may have spoke with one of you that was waiting on pricing, sorry you didnt even get a chance but in some ways its great that one person has the whole book. Kind of interesting and I would like to know what that might cost.

8 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

The end of the article has a slide show of all the pages.  You can download each image.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syfy.com/syfywire/bill-sienkiewicz-new-mutants-war-children-nycc-originals%3famp

I am not a big Sienkiewicz fan, I find his art often too cerebral. But these pages are beautiful! Anybody knows if the buyer is a dealer and might break up the book ?

9 hours ago, brianlake7 said:

and I would like to know what that might cost.

Me too; what does it take to pull the entirety of something fresh off the drawing table and very desirable by many - in 2019?