• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC Dealer Wall Pics
3 3

46 posts in this topic

Wow.Just seeing photos of all of that together makes my heart pound.I don't think I could hack the excitement in person.Sheesh!

Thanks for helping bring me partway there.

Edited by porcupine48

11 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing. I am even more excited to go tomorrow now. PS after seeing the Bat 251 Adams questioning its authenticity is ludicrous. 

According to thenealadams latest insta post, he’s selling a “Limited edition giclee directly from the original Heritage cover”.

86A097E2-F8A0-479A-8504-CC0F226AD9D9.jpeg

Edited by Marwai
Add photo

6 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

@GreatEscape provided this pic of Moy's booth...just noticed the top banner about high end graded comics...if that is his sign, then, is it a "new" sign, & does it represent a significant deviation from a more typical 'original comic book art only' reseller strategy?

04EB94C0-5222-4182-9DAA-C6E60D29A33A.thumb.jpeg.11538702ebcc69a222a4f607fd78eee0.jpeg

I thought the same thing when I saw the banner.   It actually belongs to the comic dealer on the other side of Albert's booth.

28 minutes ago, spider9698 said:

I thought the same thing when I saw the banner.   It actually belongs to the comic dealer on the other side of Albert's booth.

That would be a great troll. Replace that sign with “All Comic Art 50% off.”

Thanks for the pics, Dino!

10 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Gil Kane Capt Marvel splash with Rick Jones...was priced at $18k last year, might be same or higher now. 

Ty. Is that the one next to the crime illus. piece? I would've never expected g. kane

1 hour ago, awayne83 said:

Ty. Is that the one next to the crime illus. piece? I would've never expected g. kane

Sorry, I was referring to the Bronze Capt Marvel splash next to DD cover in the center section.  

2A67DDE1-3099-40F6-B12F-B56C09FD31C6.thumb.jpeg.078bc0962312dc216717cc55b8817843.jpeg

You’re looking at something different, an oversize (Carole Danvers) Capt Marvel piece next to the Crime Illo cover in the other section   

Edited by GreatEscape

1 hour ago, GreatEscape said:

You’re looking at something different, an oversize (Carole Danvers) Capt Marvel piece next to the Crime Illo cover in the other section   

Yep, that's the one. I thought that was too modern for kane lol. Thanks for the response anyways 

Edited by awayne83

Los Bros by far have the most post it notes. Great pics of all the art.

FF Annual 2 page where Doom has the burning mask placed on his face got my attention, which hereto fore had been fixated solely on BM 251.

History

11 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

I reached out to Albert and he was kind enough to point out that the piece in question is in fact of Miraclewoman. It's a Miracleman cover by Adam Hughes

Edited by awayne83

On 10/3/2019 at 4:25 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing. I am even more excited to go tomorrow now. PS after seeing the Bat 251 Adams questioning its authenticity is ludicrous. 

What specific concerns does he have? 

I asked Albert the price of a particular piece on his display wall.  He replied, ooh, that's going to be expensive before giving me the price. 

Since when is anything cheap on his display wall? Lol.

A lot of great artwork on display.

On Weds. night while dealers were still setting up, Los Hermanos Don Nelly, traded with El Hombre de Romita for his Kirby FF 70 cover.

1 hour ago, NelsonAI said:

On Weds. night while dealers were still setting up, Los Hermanos Don Nelly, traded with El Hombre de Romita for his Kirby FF 70 cover.

any idea what burkey took back?

Actually...the FF 70 cover deal didn't happen at the show...the deal happened unexpectedly at my home on the Monday before the show as the brothers were driving cross country to the NYC show and asked if they could stop by!

i got "3" Herb Trimpe Hulk covers in the deal for the FF 70 cover,..including the COMPLETE hulk 121 cover and complete  story, with the first appearance of  "THE GLOB" (precursor to first swamp thing in HOS #92 by 1.5 years!)

Hulk 121 is a great great book with 2 great FULL splashes....and 2 great semi-splashes....But the deal was a lot lot bigger than just those.

I collect Trimpe hulk covers so i was ok trading away the FF 70 cover to get some sweet sweet collection pieces!  :)

Mike

Edited by romitaman