• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secondary Grail acheived
3 3

21 posts in this topic

Nice stuff, man! Always a great feeling to fill in a grail slot. Nothing like it. Grats on getting it done. 

10 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Nice little haul there! Yeah MTU was Ross Andru's thing. If I'm not mistaken MTU 1 is the second time he penciled spiderman. Big difference from MSH 14! Do you have MTU 3 & 20? 

I've got #3. #20 is one of the 28 left

41 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

I was always a fan of team-up themed titles, mainly because they were one-off stories most of the time. 

I have a similar dispensation... lol Most of my biggest collections involve "team-ups/groups". In order for me: JLA, X-Men, Brave & The Bold, Avengers, Worlds Finest... My largest outlier is Conan.

On a side note, I like your avatar. I've seen Yes three times: 1984, 1991 Reunion Concert, 2000 with surround sound. Sadly, the loss of Chris Squire stopped the band in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

I have a similar dispensation... lol Most of my biggest collections involve "team-ups/groups". In order for me: JLA, X-Men, Brave & The Bold, Avengers, Worlds Finest... My largest outlier is Conan.

On a side note, I like your avatar. I've seen Yes three times: 1984, 1991 Reunion Concert, 2000 with surround sound. Sadly, the loss of Chris Squire stopped the band in my opinion. 

I have a real fondness for Silver Age "the Brave and the Bold" with the Batman team-ups, especially the ones with Neal Adams art. This one is one of my favorites and was a grail for me for a long time to find in 9.4 or above. 

I saw Yes live twice, once in 1975 and then again in 1979. An incredible assembly of talented musicians that I have learned to appreciate more and more as time has gone on. I just love the sound of Chris Squire's bass, his style really made their music stand out to me. No one could make that bass Rickenbacker talk like he could. 

867799195_braveandthebold79small.jpg.6f2c9dd8c690b9b2b2cffc201087170f.jpg

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

A beautiful MTU#1 is a challenging thing! Congrats; what a great run to read and enjoy. Will Marvel Two-in-One be next? :baiting:

Slowly. Thanks to Greggy's Mystery Box and some easy purchases, I'm about 1/3 through on that one. 

1 hour ago, Jaylam said:

I have a real fondness for Silver Age "the Brave and the Bold" with the Batman team-ups, especially the ones with Neal Adams art. This one is one of my favorites and was a grail for me for a long time to find in 9.4 or above. 

I saw Yes live twice, once in 1975 and then again in 1979. An incredible assembly of talented musicians that I have learned to appreciate more and more as time has gone on. I just love the sound of Chris Squire's bass, his style really made their music stand out to me. No one could make that bass Rickenbacker talk like he could. 

Nice! Mine is only a VF8.0. I'm the same with Adams B&B's. I think I need only 1 more of those Adams ones. I'm working on wrapping up the early 100's so I'll have the final 100 issues. My Grail is in B&B as well. I got #28 5 years ago from Bob Storms. 

2 hours ago, Jaylam said:

Beautiful copy. Although this book came out when most of DC was still in the SA, I've always viewed this book as early BA. The story is very mature for the age (won the award for best single story that year) and art is very modern. Everything about it smacks of BA and not silly stuff of the SA. In fact, most of the Adams BB were like that up to the point when he joined Oneil on the Tec title. Very underappreciated book in my opinion. One of my favorites. I've got about 3-4 raw copies in addition to my slabbed one. 

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You've seen Geddy Lee do Roundabout, right?

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, er, um, affirmative, I have. Very well done and great of Geddy to fill in. Another one of the greats. If I remember correctly, didn't Steve Howe play the bass on Owner of a Lonely Heart in that performance?

6 hours ago, Readcomix said:

A beautiful MTU#1 is a challenging thing! Congrats; what a great run to read and enjoy. Will Marvel Two-in-One be next? :baiting:

I was eyeing a really fine looking MTU #4 CGC 9.4 to use my ebay bucks on, but lo and behold it's been sold. Just my luck, rats and double rats! :cry::cry: