• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What CGC display case is this from?

9 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, wombat said:

Can't remember what case this was from. Anyone know?

Yes.....that was from a product called the Graded Book Pod and it was their museum edition.  It was a graded comic display frame that offered UV protection and came with a slab protector sheet.  They fit standard size CGC, CBCS and PGX slabs.  It was essentially a one piece wood frame with a high quality finish.

38 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yes.....that was from a product called the Graded Book Pod and it was their museum edition.  It was a graded comic display frame that offered UV protection and came with a slab protector sheet.  They fit standard size CGC, CBCS and PGX slabs.  It was essentially a one piece wood frame with a high quality finish.

3e3945b-500x500.jpg

15 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Ok.....ok.....serious answer......it was probably from one of these.

Case.jpg.7682cede7dce2173308199316214fdf3.jpg

That is exactly were those are from.  They sell you a nice wood frame, and give you a UV plastic sheet that sticks to the front of the slab.  They are still available, I purchased a few at the end of last year.  The plastic sheet is a bit of a pain, and the ones I got had not been resized to fit the CGC case redesign of a few years ago. The new case has a extwrior spine that runs across under the information lable, the old ones did not.  The sheet therefor is about 1 inch to long and needs to be cut.

57 minutes ago, drotto said:

That is exactly were those are from.  They sell you a nice wood frame, and give you a UV plastic sheet that sticks to the front of the slab.  They are still available, I purchased a few at the end of last year.  The plastic sheet is a bit of a pain, and the ones I got had not been resized to fit the CGC case redesign of a few years ago. The new case has a extwrior spine that runs across under the information lable, the old ones did not.  The sheet therefor is about 1 inch to long and needs to be cut.

I'm sure I'm just not being smart, but I can't get from that link to an actual link to the product for sale.