• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Line Fever Question
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Do these guys actually want to sell art or what? I have emailed twice and called/left a vm once regarding a significant piece and crickets, nada, no response. All I was looking for is a higher-res color pic of the piece vs the super low-res, grainy black and white pic on their site.

I would appreciate any advice on how to connect with these guys or conversely whether I should even bother.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

8 minutes ago, Lago32 said:

Do these guys actually want to sell art or what? I have emailed twice and called/left a vm once regarding a significant piece and crickets, nada, no response. All I was looking for is a higher-res color pic of the piece vs the super low-res, grainy black and white pic on their site.

I would appreciate any advice on how to connect with these guys or conversely whether I should even bother.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

You’re more likely to get front row seats to a Misfits 2020 reunion concert than you are hearing from G Danzig personally.

you'd have more luck asking a bro from Los Bros a question without that bro asking other bro for the answer.

Some of that art has mummy dust on it sitting there so long. They never returned my phone calls and I used to hang at SDCC talking to Glen during Verotik and when he had splash to Sgt. Fury 13 

Theyll take your money but friendly courteous customer service not what they do ....

55 minutes ago, dichotomy said:

I made a purchase. Followed up my internet request with a phone call. Mailed a check and got my art. 

same here.  It was the only time they had something that interested me (at the price they wanted).

Haven't seen another piece like that since :p

Malvin

On 10/4/2019 at 7:16 PM, malvin said:

same here.  It was the only time they had something that interested me (at the price they wanted).

Haven't seen another piece like that since :p

Malvin

Without being too specific, how have you found their prices? I recognize that dealers like to make more money if they can, but have you found some of them really on the high end+? 

I am not sure, but I think what I am looking at is maybe about 50% higher than it should be--I can't tell due to lack of comparables.

22 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Without being too specific, how have you found their prices? I recognize that dealers like to make more money if they can, but have you found some of them really on the high end+? 

I am not sure, but I think what I am looking at is maybe about 50% higher than it should be--I can't tell due to lack of comparables.

They leave room for negotiation... have received a decent discount in the past.

1 hour ago, artdealer said:

If there are no comparables, how can you say you think the prices are 50% higher than they should be? 
Is that an opinion or a statement?

Indirect comparables. Same artist, different books, none of which are particular significant. So, I am stuck with a very wide spread—too far to trust. That is why the question was vague. With some dealers, I have some comfort as to their pricing because who they are. 

Edited by Rick2you2

40 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I am stuck with a very wide spread—too far to trust. That is why the question was vague. With some dealers, I have some comfort as to their pricing because who they are. 

FWIW my (very) "general" impression of BLF is their mark-ups are more modest than most other dealers, and definitely nowhere near the highway robbery folks we all know about. So, for example if they price something at $2000...they may be "up" $300-500 but you're not paying double marjet, and "up" is from scoring a deal at a show from someday that doesn't know better, which is really 2x the luck and thus quite uncommon. I've bought from them before, but only things I really like and I've paid full price, per above, but also - if it's special (and it always was, they do ferret out nice stuff from time to time) sometimes you just pinch your nose and leap. You can't do this every time with every dealer but if it's special, then if you can you should. Only you know how much if any of that applies to your situation presently.