• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 8
3 3

359 posts in this topic

Wow I think this is the first round where I didn't score negative points on a book!!! I went with 3.0 for Aqua trying to bump it guessing what the CGC would do and also gave a CGC bump to Archie going with 2.5 but my flashlites grades were 2.5 for Auqa and 2.0 for Archie. Should have gone with the flashlites grades :)

Edited by flashlites

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

I will take that. I'm going to be 100% honest and admit that I totally forgot I could assign a 1.8 grade  doh!  

So I went:

dont worry greenHam will adjust your grade accordingly he's a very fair sort.

Just now, 1Cool said:

So flipping close.  I went 2.5 and 2.0.  I don’t submit many detached covers so was hoping it wasn’t an automatic 1.0

I have a 2.0 detached,so I knew it could get above 1.0,but my 2.0 looks waaaay nicer :tonofbricks:

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

Give whatever gif you want people. I finally got a double :headbang:

So I guess that might cancel out the double -1 I got a couple of rounds ago?

GreenHam will adjust those -1's now he's a very fair sort.

10 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

I was 2.5-3.0 on the Aquaman. I think 2.0 was the ceiling on the Archie... and I don't see a lot of 1.8's.

I agree on the ceiling of 2.0. 

I tend to take off 2 full grades for a detached cover, so a VG 4.0 gets a 2.0 grade.  In this case, the book wasn't as nice looking as a 4.0, so it should be a tad below 2.0. (thumbsu 

Edited by thirdgreenham