• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Batman: Shadow of the Bat #30 Second Printing Really Exist?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

While looking at the  Batman - (Knightfall Knightquest KnightsEnd) registry set I noticed a slot for Batman: Shadow of the Bat #30 Second Printing. I had never seen this printing before so I searched Google, eBay, Mile High Comics and MyComicShop.com. The CGC Census also does not have a population report for this second printing.

I did find images on comixology.com and MyComicShop.com, which should mean this exists, however, there are images out there for other printings of other books that are not correct, i.e. Adventures of Superman #499 Second Printing, which may have been altered or pulled from a TPB or solicitation. 

ICO001943_3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg.b3ca02ba9f44883b036c02b863d6c4fa.jpg

Batman Shadow of the Bat #30B

I did not find any photos of an actual copy on eBay or google, just the two stock images.

Does anyone out there know if this book really exists?

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Wow, I can’t search for on eBay! I was searching “Batman: Shadow of the Bat #30 Second Printing”.

I’m glad it’s real, now I’ll have to add it to my list.

19 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Wow, I can’t search for on eBay! I was searching “Batman: Shadow of the Bat #30 Second Printing”.

When searching, both Ebay and online, I usually go as general as possible.  I know it's a lot more to go through,  but when you know what you are looking for it can be easier. In this example.  I only searched for " shadow bat 30 " came back as 136 or so results on Ebay.. noticed the Roman numeral to right of DC logo so focused my attention there as I scroll.. found those two pretty quick. Glad I could help. That will be another awsome set to have in all Variants! 

1 hour ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Seriously? I originally typed “Wow, I can’t search for (word that begins with the letter “c”, rhymes with rap) on eBay!”  

44 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

When searching, both Ebay and online, I usually go as general as possible.  I know it's a lot more to go through,  but when you know what you are looking for it can be easier. In this example.  I only searched for " shadow bat 30 " came back as 136 or so results on Ebay.. noticed the Roman numeral to right of DC logo so focused my attention there as I scroll.. found those two pretty quick. Glad I could help. That will be another awsome set to have in all Variants! 

There is also a DCU variant. :insane:

36 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

There is also a DCU variant. :insane:

Yes. There are several in this run. (KnightFall, KnightQuest KinghtsEnd)  Some of the other rare and HTF versions of the DC Universe., but specifically in the Shadow of the Bat #38 is really tough to find.